Project Based/ Contract Position
Immediate start possible. Must be willing to work overnight. Will be working in a warehouse-style environment with steel along with merchandising and planogramming for a Big Box Store location. Proper PPE (hard hat and steel toes required). Travel may be required depending on Project and Location in the GTA.
Purpose & Scope: Set up of locations retail racking and fixtures, packing up and merchandising of product. Use of Planograms and space guides. General labour and all other duties assigned. Also light duty construction experience is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively follow directions of the site supervisor
- Work independently in an unsupervised environment
- Read, understand and execute planograms and merchandising
- Identify problems and communicate on site for troubleshooting
- Communicate and report job completion and deficiencies
- Daily web and written reporting
- Prepare by reviewing instructions ahead of time.
- Develop and maintain rapport with store staff and management
- Mindful of customers, cleanliness and work area footprint
- Complete all tasks assigned promptly.
- Physical tasks as assigned
- Are able to get to and from the job sites in the GTA
- Have a smartphone or mobile device to report all work accurately
- Ability to lift 35lbs on your own
- Exposure and access to basic power and hand tools
- Basic audio video installation skills and knowledge is an asset but not required
- Flexible availability. Must be willing to work overnights
- Can-do attitude and a confident team player
- Excellent communication and follow up
- Prior retail and merchandising experience an asset
- Strong work ethic, reliable and attention to detail
- Organized, self-motivated, self-starter, punctual, strategic thinker
- Take and provide clear direction over the phone
- Have all required steel toes and PPE gear
- Experience in Merchandising preferred
- Best Buy, Home Depot, and Lowe's experience preferred
- Ability to travel will be given preference
- Must be able to drive to various sites
Supervision: Reports to the site supervisor
Working Conditions: Will be working in a construction and Merchandising site typesetting. Inside a big chain store where all PPE and safety gear will be required.
Education: High school diploma an asset but not required
- Retail experience an asset
- Merchandising experience an asset
- Construction experience an asset
Final Details: Please submit your resume and a brief description of what makes you a viable candidate for the position. At the end of the project, those candidates that set them self apart from the others may have an opportunity to be brought on in a more permanent role.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00-$28.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Brofort Inc will provide disposable masks, gloves and sanitizer on all projects. We have a Covid-19 health and safety protocol in place and we also adhere to all of our customers standards and expectations as well.
- merchandising: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)