Axis Auto Finance is the fastest growing, publicly traded Canadian Finance company. We are an industry leader in our field and our people make us a great place to work. As a team, we continuously seek new and innovative ways to grow our business. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We're incredibly proud of the team we have built and are looking for a like-minded individual to help us in our growth trajectory.
You will provide world-class service to customers regarding the repayment of their financed auto loans and/or leases. This role involves building rapport with our customers by understanding their situation and providing solutions for them. You will provide customers with the education they need allowing you to seek solutions that will bring them up to date based on their financial circumstances.
- Make and receive collection calls to assess and resolve early and late-stage accounts
- Assess and negotiate solutions for the purpose of bringing accounts up to date
- Be able to de-escalate customers and resolve situations
- Escalate and track complaints or other important issues
- Take and process payments, and handle customer-facing cash transactions
- Schedule and follow up with customers to ensure that commitments are met
- Develop rapport and professional relations with customers to promote healthy payment strategies and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French (Required)
- Minimum 2 years of Collections experience or combination of education and industry experience; subprime automotive segment is preferred
- Preferred knowledge of the automotive finance life cycle and interest in the industry
- Proficiency with loan origination software, client maintenance software, collections software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Able to understand/prepare complex documentation, update different host systems, and maintain customer records
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed accurately and on time in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence in problem solving, negotiating and decision making
- First-rate telephone skills. Experience working in a call centre environment is an asset
- Overtime as required. Scheduled shifts for days, evenings, and rotating Saturdays
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Collections: 1 year (Preferred)