Embark on a journey with one of Canada's fastest growing companies – welcome to goeasy! We have been honored with recognitions such as Waterstone Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, the 2022 Report on Business Women Lead Here, Report on Business for Canada’s Top Growing Companies and TSX30 as one of the best performing companies on the TSX. We've also received the Greater Toronto Top Employers Award and certified as a Great Place to Work®. We're on the lookout for the best and brightest to join our team!
Our vision is to provide everyday Canadians a path to a better tomorrow, today. As one of Canada’s leading non-prime consumer lenders, we offer a full suite of products including non-prime leasing, unsecured and secured loans as well as point-of-sale-financing though easyhome, easyfinancial, and LendCare.
goeasy is looking for an Executive Assistant that is a go getter who has creative problem-solving skills and is not afraid to take the initiative and embrace new challenges. Beyond administrative work including calendar management, expense tracking, and coordination, this role will offer you visibility to key decision makers, interesting projects and exposure to the ins and outs of how our award-winning company operates. Supporting the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Legal Officer, and Chief Corporate Development Officer, the successful candidate will be a detailed oriented partner that can juggle multiple priorities and be the right hand to our senior executives.
What will you be doing?
- High volume meeting and calendar management across multiple stakeholder groups to coordinate all appointments, meetings, events and conference calls.
- Responsible for coordinating all details surrounding meetings including booking meeting rooms, ordering catering and other support as required.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements; prepare and distribute schedules/agendas for travel.
- Assist with the creation/modification of presentations, spreadsheets, and other various documents.
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research to ensure your stakeholders are equipped with ample context to effectively drive internal and external meetings.
- Responsible for distributing meeting agendas, prepping your stakeholders for upcoming meetings and taking meeting minutes and action items when required.
- Prepare, reconcile, and track expense reports.
- Manage information flow and emails from both internal and external sources, organizing and responding accordingly when requested.
- Consistently exercise discretion and tact in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality; raise issues where appropriate.
- Support the execution of social and team events working closely with other team members to help bring our cultural events to life.
- Tracks the execution and storage of legal contracts for special projects and in the general administration of contracts and NDAs.
- Supports the executive team in preparation for Board & Board Committee meetings and publishes meeting documents on a secured site application for high priority audiences.
- Support the onboarding of new employees in the department by requesting network accounts, computer equipment, and scheduling onboarding calls/meetings.
- Keep others in the immediate team informed and up to date about the status/progress of projects, and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities.
What experience do you have?
- 1-3 years' experience in an Executive Assistant role supporting executives/ senior leadership .
- Undergraduate degree/ diploma preferred.
- Legal background (Asset but not mandatory).
- A high-energy individual who can take the initiative, roll up their sleeves and be relentless in helping to support their key stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage efficiently in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment with grace, positivity, and a calm demeanor.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- A resourceful teammate that is proactive and demonstrates flexibility in adjusting to changing work priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to apply discretion and autonomy to make decisions within generally defined parameters.
- Very comfortable using new tools and technologies to be more efficient and better support your team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with different groups of people.
We offer a Flexible Work Program that provides you the ability to work three days onsite per week, from our Mississauga office.
Internal Applicants: please apply through the link and provide written endorsement from your current manager.
Why should you work for goeasy?
In keeping with our mission to create better tomorrows for our employees, each year goeasy commits to continuously enhancing its total rewards. Here are some of the perks we offer…
- Leverage our RRSP match and Employee Share Purchase Plan programs.
- Annual bonus that rewards your hard work and dedication.
- Employee discounts on furniture, electronics, and appliances.
- MAT & PAT leave top-up.
- Expand your financial knowledge through engaging Financial Literacy Learning opportunities.
Health and Lifestyle:
- Enjoy company-paid volunteer days to give back to the community.
- Access 24/7 healthcare with Virtual Doctor Appointments.
- Personalize your benefits with a flexible modular benefits package.
- Stay fit and energized with exclusive access to our on-site private gym at our head office.
- Fuel your growth with the Tuition Assistance Program.
- Double the impact of your generosity with Company Matched Charitable Donations.
- Internal development training programs and platforms including job-specific training, career coaching, leadership excellence, mentorship, and many others.
- Enjoy a state-of-the-art office space with perks like a games room, a healthy snack program, a fitness studio, free gated parking, and more!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity Employment:
At goeasy, we believe that we can only be the best when people are able to bring their best selves to work every day. This means that we are committed to cultivating and preserving a work culture where we celebrate who we are, where everyone feels seen and heard and where every employee can fulfill their potential. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire. We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.