If youre passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Personal Support Worker is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Personal Support Worker your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Ensures and promotes the provision of resident-focused care to meet the needs of residents.
- Provides supervision and/or assistance to the residents in the activities of daily living including eating, dressing, transferring, toileting, hygiene, grooming and bathing as per the residents individual plan of care to meet their needs and expectations.
- Provides care and services to the residents with respect to their senses and communication by encouraging residents to wear individual sensory aids such as glasses, hearing aides, etc.
- Provides cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual support.
- Provides for and implements preventive and safety measures and reports unsafe conditions such as the removal of sharps from residents room, foot rests, and side rails, as per the plan of care.
- Provides for and assists in achieving the residents nutritional needs.
- Determines change in skin integrity and implementation of skin care to prevent skin breakdown as ordered by the nurse.
- Provides routine personal care and bathing as scheduled including inspecting each residents feet and nails and reports concerns to the nurse.
- Provides comfort, rest and sleep to residents in their physical environment, positioning, and health treatment and care routines as per the plan of care. Observe for and report any safety concerns noted with the resident sleep environment.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Bonus Points for having:
- Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker Certificate from an approved college or private institution meeting the standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, National Association of Career Colleges as per established provincial requirements.
- Demonstrated working experience with the elderly in a health care setting, knowledgeable with respect to their needs.
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatment and related bedside care to resident.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, families, and visitors.
- Sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS) preferred.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.