An opportunity exists for a Freedom of Information (FOI) Clerk to join our Information and Records Services Unit at the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS). The position is responsible for processing information sharing requests, assisting in the processing of notebooks received in the FOI unit for storage and assisting in the processing of requests under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (MFIPPA).
Key activities include:
· Receives and inputs Freedom of Information applications into the file management system, gathers required documents to prepare the file for processing
· Receives and processes requests for information sharing, severing sensitive third party information as required.
· Responds to basic FOI inquiries in person, by telephone, facsimile or electronic mail, and/or relays calls or messages to appropriate person(s) for resolution.
· Receives, processes and records monies recovered from access requests.
Your Professional Qualifications:
- Minimum six months of experience in related general or administrative office experience within a computerized environment.
- High school education plus related college courses such as business administration, and computers.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and research skills
- Excellent problem solving and organization and planning skills
- Able to deliver excellent customer service experience to our community members
- Highly motivated team player
- Excellent Microsoft Word skills
- General interest in learning about freedom of information request/legislation
- Demonstrated ability to learn records management systems (i.e. CPIC / Niche) in order to process information sharing request
- Prior experience with writing formal letters
- Demonstrated ability to learn information (i.e. Municipality Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) quickly
Location and Other Considerations:
This position is based in Oakville at the new Headquarters facility which is located at the QEW and North Service Road West. We offer a competitive benefits package which include but is not limited healthcare benefits (i.e. dental, vision care, paid leave (i.e. annual vacation and designated holidays (13) and pension plan – Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement Systems (O.M.E.R.S.)
The successful candidate will be guaranteed 35 hours a week and must be able to work Monday to Friday with an 8:00 am start time.
How To Be Considered For This Exciting Opportunity:
Anyone interested in this opportunity must apply on-line with a resume and a detailed letter outlining their experience and skills. This information should be forwarded to Staffing Advisor, Human Resource Services, quoting Competition #12-C-21 on May 20, 2021. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note: All applications must be submitted to the Service’s on-line system to be considered for this vacancy.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $59,251.00-$65,109.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday