HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for Marine Estimators (3 positions) on behalf of our Client.
We are looking for Marine Estimators for the following disciplines:
This position is a permanent, full-time role and is located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
- A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs);
- Life Insurance;
- Short Term Disability;
- Long Term Disability;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment;
- Employee Family Assistance Program; and
- Pension Plan.
Essential Job Functions:
In this role, the incumbent will have to calculate the cost of assigned work packages involving ship construction and ship repair requests for proposals. You will also assess the resources and implement the schedule to assist the company with quotations to obtain contracts within prescribed timeframes. You will also have to analyze proposals from suppliers and make recommendations for equipment and services selection.
- Study drawings, specifications, work packages, classification standards and regulations and take note of important elements in order to have better knowledge of the nature of equipment and of work details indicated;
- Analyse assigned work packages and determine their labour and material costs to implement in the most cost-effective way;
- Contact selected suppliers by e-mail, phone, or mail to provide them with equipment specifications in order to obtain quotations;
- Analyse suppliers’ quotations by comparing different equipment and considering the technical aspect according to specifications, method of payment and delivery time;
- Determine the cost of each work package including the chosen equipment and services by calculating the price of each element and/or part included in the final product to obtain a total price for the work package;
- Establish the necessary time to complete the work packages by considering the manpower data compiled for previous and similar work packages;
- The specific elements of projects in progress and by asking for supervisor or colleague assistance, if necessary, in order to calculate a total number of hours for assigned work packages;
- Establish a list of equipment and its cost, as well as the data related to labour, sub-contracts and other involved elements in order to assess the full cost of the work package;
- Assess the level of confidence, risk and cost contingency required to apply to each estimated work package; and
- Attend Management Review Meetings as required at the request of the Director of Production.
- Develop and maintain procedures for planning, organizing and completing all Estimation Operations within CDCI;
- Ensure compliance with the agreed upon procedures for planning, organizing and completing all Estimation Operations within CDCI;
- Ensure that all relevant Estimation procedures and work instructions are available, understood, implemented and updated as per standard operating procedures;
- Develop and cultivate a communication strategy between the Estimation team, Operations Management and the Client as required; and
- Ensure a smooth flow of operations though the Estimation department.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that the department understands the importance of the CDCI workplace culture regarding HSE and providing the team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities;
- Ensure the security of facilities and equipment and the work with the HSE Team to institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism or other damage; and
- Ensure that CDCI’s environmental policies are respected in all construction and reparation projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A technical Degree in in the appropriate discipline as related to the position; and
- Five or more years of experience in a similar position or as estimator in the marine, ship building or ship repair sector.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction or as a team;
- Ability to negotiate and integrity;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure; and
- Strong computer/technical skills.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- shipbuilding: 5 years (Preferred)
- estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- english (Preferred)
- french (Required)