New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities.
Full time Position
CULTURE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
TRANSITION, EDUCATION AND RESOURCES FOR FEMALES PROGRAM (TERF)
The TERF program is a part of the Culture, Education and Training Service division of New Directions. TERF provides a supportive healing environment for female and transgender children, youth and adults who have been exploited/trafficked through the sex trade. TERF requires a full time Case Manager.
Responsibilities include: Intake/assessment, counselling, engaging in supportive activities, consulting, advocacy, referrals, documentation, treatment planning, goal development and evaluation.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree
- Registration in good standing with the Manitoba College of Social Workers
- Knowledge of the issues and cultures associated with the sex trade from both Youth and Adult perspectives
- Knowledge, awareness and sensitivity to Indigenous Cultures and Traditions and be inclusive of multi-cultural beliefs and lifestyles
- Experience providing counselling and working with substance abuse, disabilities, mental health and trauma issues as well as proficiency in negotiating and collaborating with systems
- Experience in Case Management and carrying a case load
- Excellent team skills
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license required
The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record, Child/ Adult Abuse Registry Checks.
Salary range is $33,852 to $47,429 per annum based on a 35-hour work week, with an excellent benefit package. Please forward your resume and cover letter with references by June 11, 2019
Culture, Education and Training (TERF Program)
500-717 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0M8
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,852.00 to $47,429.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)