Reporting to the Front Office Manager, this role serves as the resort’s evening Manager on Duty and directly oversees the evening Guest Reception, Bell, Valet and Night Audit teams, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided.
The Night Audit - Lead will maintain a strong working relationship with all departments, including Food and Beverage, Culinary, Security and Engineering to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
· Responsible for the evening operations of the guest reception, Bell, Valet and Night Audit teams
· Act as Manager on Duty and conducts regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, staffing, security, and maintenance.
· Documents and works to resolve any guest concerns or property incidents. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby and handles the tracking of service issues.
· Understands and, if necessary, implements all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, power and water outage, bombs, fire, etc.
· Complete daily Manager On Duty report and send to the Executive Leadership team and Department Heads on a daily basis.
· Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
· Personally welcome Marriott Bonvoy Members and look for opportunities to enhance their stay
· Collaborate with the Rooms Leadership Team to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures to continuously improve department performance and guest satisfaction scores
· Interacts with customers on a regular basis throughout the property to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction
· Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement
· Responsible for ensuring that all associates are trained and knowledgeable in providing exceptional service
· Manage scheduling in accordance with employment policies and budget targets
· Prepare and conduct performance reviews of hourly associates
· Active participation in the resorts health and safety program
· Coach and develop associates through career development and advancement opportunities
· Ensure that department goals are communicated, understood, and met by associates
· Ensure that all time management and payroll processes are carried out in an accurate and timely manner
· Other duties as assigned
· 2 year diploma/degree from an accredited university in Hospitality, Travel & Tourism or related field
· 2 years of leadership experience in hotel operations, guest reception, or concierge
· Strong focus on exceptional customer service and experience with conflict resolution
· Working knowledge of property management systems, Knowledge of MARSHA, FSPMS as asset
· Previous customer service experience required.
· Previous Marriott Experience an asset
· Previous Resort Experience an asset
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, overnights and holidays
· Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
· Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Perks of Working With Us:
· Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
· Food and Beverage discounts at Marriott chain of hotels dining outlets
· Merchandise discounts at Marriott chain of hotels retail outlets
· Discounts on activities offered through our activities partners in the area
· Staff accommodation options
· Staff cafeteria meals
· Associate referral program
· Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
· Staff events
· Transportation reimbursement programs
· Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
· Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply
Job Type: Full-time
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care