LightHouse Dental is growing and we are looking for exceptional people to join our team of dental professionals in Cobourg.
We're seeking a dental receptionist and patient care coordinator to join our fast growing family dental practice.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in positive environment with an ongoing supportive team.The right candidate must have a vibrant personality, be professional and reliable, have passion for excellence, take pride in their work and the work of their team players and most importantly deliver a “WOW” experience to our patients! Must be able to deliver professional customer service in a cheerful manner in person and over the phone.
- Previous experience in a dental care setting is mandatory.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for an individual who is committed to providing high quality patient care and to building long term positive relationships with our patients.
Some of the duties required for this position include:
- Answering incoming phone calls and frequently managing multiple calls simultaneously
- Responding to patient inquiries by phone and email
- Booking new appointments and confirming existing appointments in the schedule.
- Retrieving insurance breakdowns and helping patients to understand their dental coverage.
- Billing patients at the end of the appointment, ensuring that balances are collected and that the appropriate submissions have been made to insurance carriers when required.
- Educating patients on the benefits of proposed dental treatment
- Following up on predeterminations with both insurers and patients
- Coordinating treatment between general dentists and specialist providers
- Other administrative duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in a dental setting is highly preferred.
- The candidate must have a thorough and detailed understanding of dental insurance plans.
- Highly competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and education
- A supportive and professional team environment
- Room for growth and professional development
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental office: 2 years (Required)