The General Labourer position is responsible for day-to-day duties on site needed to complete work in a safe and timely fashion and maintain a clean work site. This position is required to be dependable, energetic, and safety conscious. Employees are expected to support and participate in a culture of safety, and promote JVC Group’s core values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness.
Job type: full time
Compensation: $20 to $25 /hour (starting)
- Complete specific labour related tasks based on client requirements
- Communicate work progress and safety performance to foreman/site supervisor
- Maintain all equipment and tools in good and safe work condition and report any findings to foreman/site supervisor
- Participate in daily tool box meetings and take an active role in the client driven health and safety program
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote positive attitude in demanding situations
- Maintain high level of morale among direct reports
Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- (1+) years construction experience around pipelines
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks as needed
- Ability to work with little supervision, while adding a safe and positive team environment is a must
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on a regular bases
- Competent skid steer and loader operator considered an asset, experience with snow removal
- Hydro-vac and combo-vac experience considered an asset
- H2S Alive and CSTS 0.9 certificates are required. Training in Standard First Aid, Confined Space Entry/Monitor, Ground Disturbance and Fall Protection is an asset.
- Valid class 5 drivers licence, with clean driving abstract
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals
Knowledge and Skills
- Critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment 12 panel drug and alcohol test
- Effective written/verbal communication skills in English
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
JVC Group is a pipeline maintenance and civil contractor in the Oil and Gas industry. JVC Group encourages and support professional development mentor-ship, education, and training. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. JVC Group, at all times, strive to promote our core values through out our work place and customer sites. We treat others as they wish to be treated, and most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
- oil and gas industry : 1 year (Preferred)
- Sherwood Park, AB (Preferred)