Roots is more than just an/the iconic Canadian retailer, we are a group of passionate employees who act with integrity, trust each other and do what is right. We work in a space where people can grow and develop, with a team of people who own results and are dedicated to seeing Roots win. We seek to build longstanding relationships with partners who share our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of operation.
We are currently seeking a Customer Care Representative who can be nice, will seek inspiration from our roots, can commit to achieving results the right way and loves to think big to join us on our journey.
A Customer Care Representative is a member of our Customer Service team, reporting directly to the Director, Customer Experience. This role will provide excellent customer service to our retail stores and customers while adhering to Roots’ policies and standards. This position will be based in a Roots retail store.
A Customer Care Representative for Roots will be responsible for and evaluated on the following:
- Respond to customers via phone, email and live chat within service level parameters
- Answer inbound calls for order placement, order status inquiries, product information, item availability, etc.
- Resolve customer inquiries while maintaining and updating the customer database
- Find creative ways to go above and beyond when assisting customers
- Fulfill Roots Delivers orders within your store or stores within close proximity to you (as necessary)
Top candidates for the Customer Care Representative role will have the following:
- At least 1-year relatable customer service experience
- Retail customer experience is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in French (preferred)
- Pleasant and professional telephone, email and chat etiquette
- Flexible, open minded and solution oriented with the ability to adapt to the fast-paced online environment
- Must type at least 40 WPM
- Maintain a high sense of urgency and professionalism in responding to the customer needs