Tony Graham Automotive Group
2185 Roberston Rd, Ottawa, ON K2H 5Z2 – On-Site
Who We Are?
The Tony Graham Automotive Group (TGAG) is a reputable and established business, with over 50 years in the Ottawa area. Our group consists of Tony Graham Toyota, Tony Graham Lexus, Kanata Toyota, Tony Graham AutoEdge, Collision Center, and AADA Leasing. We recognize that our employees define us; we cannot deliver a great customer experience without a talented team. The car industry is a constantly changing, fast-paced industry that offers fulfilling careers and competitive salaries. It is a huge industry with jobs available in all segments, room for growth, and a wide array of choices for both those who are looking to jumpstart an exciting career or change career paths. We offer a unique, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
As a professional working for Tony Graham Automotive Group, in the performance of any activity involving the identity of the organization, you will to display the highest level of personal integrity in carrying out your day-to day activities. This includes your daily tasks – as stipulated through- out this job description, and all applicable SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures). You are to be committed to being the best product advisor. In addition, your core job function will be to build a positive and friendly relationship with every prospect during the time that you are assisting them in the selection of a vehicle.
What we offer
You will work in a dynamic workplace with people who live the values of our organization and will enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities at Tony Graham Automotive Group, including:
- Participation in TGAG group benefit plan after three months and participation in the RRSP/DPSP after two years
- Reimbursement of recertification and designation costs
- Professional development opportunities
- Staff discounts on used car sales and parts and service rates
- Paid birthday leave.
- Employees can purchase parts on behalf of their family members and obtain the employee discount.
Reasons why you’ll enjoy working with Tony Graham Automotive Group
- Career Development: Internal hiring is a big part of our recruitment process. We encourage our employees to strive for more challenging roles in the workplace
- The safety of our employees is our top priority. We ensure that we stay compliant with the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Paid Training/Professional development opportunities
- Paid birthday leave – We offer our employees to have the opportunity to take their birthday off paid
- Welcoming work culture & great workplace environment
What you offer
General Areas of Responsibility:
Sales Representatives, in the performance of their duties, are responsible for the following:
1. Prospecting Customers
2. Customer Follow-up
3. Selling Vehicles and other Tony Graham Automotive Group products
4. Customer Retention/Satisfaction/Database Marketing
5. Training – “Kaizen” (Continuous Improvement)
- The primary function of a sales person is, to assist the customer in the selection of a vehicle, and build a rapport with each potential customer, and their respective associates/family.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education and Qualification
- Valid Driver’s Licence and acceptable Driver’s Abstract
- Clean driving record, and reporting to management any circumstances regarding the status of this license
- Valid OMVIC Sales License preferred
- 1-3 years’ minimum experience as a successful Vehicle Sales Representative or equivalent
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Bilingualism, an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Mature personality and sound judgement skills
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrated knowledge of vehicle sales software an asset
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
1. Organizational Awareness and Understanding:
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission, and values of the organization.
2. Foundational Sales Knowledge:
A clear insight of how sales work and an understanding of the sales process used by the company to convert customers.
3. Product Knowledge:
An understanding of the company’s products and services. The ability to handle prospect questions relating to company inventory.
4. Willingness to learn:
Willing to learn the ins and outs of the industry, receive feedback, and work on any improvements needed.
5. Time Management:
Spending time wisely, prioritizing tasks needed to be completed and multi-tasking.
Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
7. Initiative, Enthusiasm, and Innovation:
Ability to manage and lead to achieve and exceed identified goals.
8. Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
9. Relationship Building and Collaboration:
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals.
10. Quality Focus:
Ensures that success criteria for self, staff and programs are set, reviewed, and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
Monday – Friday: Day Shift
(One weekday off)
Saturdays: 9 – 4 pm
*This is a Commission Based Position*
$75,000 - $150,000 Annually
Based on current range of team members. Earning potential is not capped.
Paid Salary for the first 3 months of training period.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person