Under the direction of the Harvesting Superintendent, the Harvesting Technician will work closely with the Harvesting Supervisor in all aspects of harvesting and hauling, road layout and construction, and block layout in accordance with predetermined key production, safety and financial performance targets ensuring that all Company operations comply with government regulations.
· Successful completion of, or currently enrolled in a recognized Post-Secondary Forestry Program
o Recognized programs include a Forestry Degree or Forestry / Resource Management Diploma.
· Related industry experience would be considered an asset.
· The successful applicant is required to be a self-starter with excellent organizational, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills and must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision and changing priorities.
· The ability to pay keen attention to detail is essential and must have working knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Office and Arc GIS.
· The ability to work safely, alone outdoors in all weather conditions, in remote areas.
· The incumbent must be able to operate in a team environment as well as manage relationships with contractors, government agencies and other third-party stakeholders.
· This position requires overnight stays outside of The Pas.
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)