Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
The Sales Associate role is an integral part of the store’s overall success and efficiency: demanding direct attention to our brand commitment when servicing our customers and driving results. Responsible for upholding Coach’s Service and Selling Models, creating a positive first impression, building on-going customer relationships through a personalized experience, and leaving a positive, lasting impression.
- Understands organizational objectives and makes decisions that align with Company priorities
- Takes ownership and is committed to delivering results, while remaining actively aware of personal and store metrics; and creates personal sales and clienteling strategies in partnership with the management team.
- Creates short- and long-term strategies to achieve personal metrics and performance goals
- Takes ownership of personal survey results and creates plans to improve and overcome areas of opportunity
- Represents Coach as a brand ambassador
- Demonstrates Coach’s Selling and Service expectations at all times
- Understands changes in local market with potential impact on business performance and supports the execution of local sales strategies and tactics
- Drives business through sales strategies, clienteling, sourcing new customers and maintaining on-going productive relationships with customers
- Creates positive impressions with customers by bringing best self to work through attire consistent with Coach’s Guide to Style
- Builds credibility and trust as a personal fashion advisor by communicating fashion awareness and a strong knowledge of competition.
- Provides in-depth product knowledge, including features, benefits, current offerings, and overall product value.
- Remains aware and is clearly able to communicate current pricing and promotional strategy to customers.
- Discusses product features and builds the sale by leveraging cross-selling skills and abilities.
- Cross-sells and encourages beneficial product add-ons that relate to the customer’s shopping needs
- Sensitive to customers’ needs and tailors approach by reading cues
- Attends to the unique and individual shopping needs of each customer.
- Works with multiple customers simultaneously and breaks away as appropriate
- Follows up with customers consistently and genuinely to influence/close the sale
- Flexes personal selling techniques to contribute to overall store financial results
- Builds lasting and loyal relationships with customers
- Leverages Coach’s tools and technology to support relationship building and clienteling efforts
- Creates enthusiasm and positivity for a shared vision and mission
- Promotes and endorses a team selling environment
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, trust and collaboration with internal and external customers
- Remains solution oriented; is adaptable and flexible to changing business and store needs
- Welcomes feedback and adapts behaviors as appropriate
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Ensures all daily tasks are completed without negatively impacting service or Coach standards
- Completes daily operational tasks including maintaining store (sales floor and backroom), cash wrap and visual merchandising to Coach standards consistently and in a timely manner
- Maintains a clean and tidy selling floor at all times
- Adheres to all applicable retail policies and procedures including POS, Operations and Asset Protection procedures
- Replenishes inventory on sales floor as needed
- Supports Store Inventory Process by processing shipment, stocking shelves, replenishing sales floor, maintains strong organizational standards as it relates to product both in the stockroom and on the sales floor.
- Supports cash-wrap when needed to process purchases, returns, and exchanges.
- Efficiently processes customer transactions: Purchase, Return, Exchange, Found Order etc.
- Effectively helps to prepare store by organizing functional areas, performs routine cleaning, maintains strong organizational standards and maintains visual merchandising expectations.
- Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Is consistently one of the top performers. Very bottom line oriented. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions. Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kind of people up down and sideways. Inside and outside the organization. Builds rapport. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse even high tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on The Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems. A relentless and versatile learner. Open to change. Analyzes both successes and failures for cues to improve, experiments and will try anything to find solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish. Seldom gives up on anything before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change. Can shift gears comfortably. Can decide to act without having the total picture. Does not get upset when things are up in the air. Doesn’t have to finish things before moving on. Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
1- 3 years of previous sales experience, preferably in a luxury retail service environment. Possesses current knowledge of fashion trends and competition in the marketplace.
High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
Knowledge of cash register systems, basic computer skills (including the ability to use iPad/laptop, Mobile POS and Internet), utilize walkie talkie, understand and read price and product release sheets.
Ability to execute at a fast pace. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and team. Ability to maneuver the sales floor, sales shelves, and stock room; climbing, bending, and kneeling are required. Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds and, at times, lift and carry product/cartons up to 50 pounds to process product shipment/transfers
Ability to meet Coach Scheduling & Availability Expectations, including ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays high retail traffic and sales days including but not limited to the day after Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, Mother’s Day, etc.).
This document serves only as a sample of job duties and responsibilities and does not include an exhaustive list of all performance requirements.
Tapestry, Inc., parent company of the Coach brand, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action, employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Our Competencies for All Employees
Drive for Results:
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Learning on the Fly:
Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Dealing with Ambiguity:
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Building Effective Teams:
Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.