TKI Construction is seeking carpenters to join our team
About TKI Construction:
We are a local general contractor specializing in commercial, institutional, and industrial construction. Our team values honesty and integrity with a commitment to getting the job done right the first time. We see our team members as family not just a number on the payroll. We want people who are safety oriented, dedicated, professional and know how to have fun!
We are seeking a full-time carpenter, who is safety oriented and has a keen eye for detail, is accurate in their measurements and takes pride in their work. Someone who is adaptable and a team player as this job requires excellent communication skills and a readiness to help fellow team members.
Carpenter Duties and Responsibilities
· Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches and to fully grasp requirements.
· Accuracy taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project.
· Skilled in use of all tools necessary to cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material according to measurements.
· Able to build window frames, doors, staircases, and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
· Able to install items such as hardwood floors, siding, cabinets, drywall, and insulation a plus
· Skills needed to lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall, ensuring they are level, plumb, and installed with as little waste possible.
· Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed.
· Ability to assemble/build scaffolding and other needed construction structures.
Carpenter Requirements and Qualifications
· Journeyman ticket or proof of apprenticeship
· Experience as a Carpenter.
· Hands-on experience working with carpentry materials.
· Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods, including installation and construction.
· Proficient in using electrical and hand tools as well as measurement tools.
· Willingness to comply with safety guidelines at all times.
· Solid basic math skills.
· Good physical condition, stamina, and dexterity.
· WHIMS and Fall Protection Certifications an asset but not required.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Carpentry: 2 years (Preferred)