D’Orazio Infrastructure Group is looking for a Pipelayer / Pipelayer Assistant / Topman (Sewer and Watermain) in Oakville, ON!
At D’Orazio, we're always looking for dynamic talent to be a part of our growing organization. We are focused on expanding our project portfolio while delivering quality workmanship.
The sewer and watermain pipelayer / topman will be an experienced and motivated individual that has worked with precast structures (manholes/catch basins/valve chambers), concrete and plastic pipes for sewers and watermains. A well-established sewer and watermain infrastructure contractor requires a skilled pipelayer and topman. Successful applicant will be fully knowledgeable in the installation and reconstruction of watermain and sewer pipe systems in an urban or rural setting
Why should you work for us?
- Room for growth
- Salary: This is a unionized position. The employee will receive wage rates, benefits and pension plans according to Local 183/837.
- Vacation and paid time off
- Development into a Foreman’s role is also a possibility, depending on the applicant.
What you’ll do as the Pipelayer:
- Install and/or repair water-main, sanitary, and storm structures or systems.
- Coordinate layout of pipe routes with drawings and check slopes for conformance to requirements using levels and/or lasers.
- Connect pipes and seal joints using glue, cement, gaskets and/or flanges.
- Grade, level trench base, and backfill pipes using tamping machine and hand tools.
- Set up a pipe laser and maintain required grade.
- Other general labor and construction related duties as required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Mainline pipe installation.
- Water and sewer services installation.
- Mandatory adherence to applicable safety and environmental standards, regulations, and company policies.
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Proficient in cutting, beveling and connecting pipes.
- Concrete Pressure Pipe (Hypreson) experience is an asset.
About D’Orazio Infrastructure Group:
D’Orazio Infrastructure Group (DIG), founded in 1966, has a long history of completing traditional and design-build projects in the municipal and private sectors in the water, wastewater and earth-moving – “core infrastructure” sectors of the construction industry. Our core competencies include installation of sewer and watermain systems, stormwater retention systems, stormwater management features as well as all other facets of servicing (wet utilities). Additionally, bulk earthmoving, grading, foundation excavation site remediation, slab-on-grade grading and all other facets of earthmoving remain as fundamentals parts of our business.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- mainline pipe installation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Related: 2 years (Preferred)
- Concrete Pressure Pipe (Hypreson): 1 year (Preferred)