M&M Food Market. Helping you make real food for real life.
M&M Food Market is a food retailer unlike any other; we don’t just sell products; we offer meal solutions and a unique shopping experience that helps to make customer’s everyday lives a little easier. We’ve been helping customers make delicious meals and entertain with ease for nearly 40 years!
If you’re a food enthusiast who values quality and innovation, a fan of feeling a connection to your community and country, and a team player looking to develop their skills and career, then keep reading.
Here are just a few reasons to consider a career with us…
WE HAVE HEART, WE ROCK, WE GROW
We are constantly evolving.
We believe change is a good thing. Whether it’s venturing into new markets or reinventing our current strategies, our passion leads us to new and exciting opportunities that further strengthen our position in the marketplace.
We are recognized for our work.
M&M is a Platinum member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, having received the award for more than 12 consecutive years. We’ve also been recognized with numerous awards from the Canadian Franchise Association, as well as awards for our excellence in marketing, advertising, customer service, and community relations.
We put our customers and our employees first.
For a retail chain such as M&M, our success depends on our customers’ satisfaction. From a corporate perspective, we also consider our stores to be our customers and when we work together as a self- supporting team, we make great things happen.
We strive to be the best.
We are constantly growing and developing – as a company and as individuals. We encourage new ideas and ongoing learning, and we embrace diversity in order to do great work as a team.
As a Store Manager with M&M Food Market, you will be a brand ambassador and team leader within our stores. You’ll oversee all aspects of our retail operations – from hiring, training and coaching a knowledgeable team of Meal Advisors, to executing on strategic sales and merchandising initiatives, ordering and inventory management, as well as implementing plans to meet or exceed store targets. You’ll set the standard of success within our stores! It’s no easy feat, but every day you come in to work you’ll take pride in knowing that you're making a real difference for your team members and your customers.
To learn more about M&M Food Market, we invite you to visit www.mmfoodmarket.com.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the major business and operational functions of the store including budgetary control, inventory control and staff supervision, as well as the month end functions (i.e. inventory)
- Maintaining a successful team of store staff by recruiting, training and scheduling employees, as well as coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees through monitoring and job appraisal tools
- Establishing a rapport with potential and current customers, and positively promoting the M&M Food Market brand within the store community
- Achieving the store’s financial objectives by working with the Area Manager to identify store targets, labour costs, analyzing store expenses/variances, and initiating any corrective actions
- Controlling all activities related to inventory control (i.e., merchandising of product, maintaining appropriate inventory levels, rotating stock, accepting product and balancing inventory)
- Utilizing the point of sale system for sales and reporting in order to make effective decisions and monitor store results
- Training staff and enforcing all corporate policies to maintain brand compliance, as well as legislative and legal business requirements
- Organizing general maintenance and cleaning activities of the store **
- Has a proven track record of managing a team and building a great working relationship with both employees and customers
- Is an exceptional communicator and has professional/polished interpersonal skills to successfully interact with all types of people
- Is highly organized and shows initiative in planning and implementing ideas and programs with minimal supervision
- Must have strong business-building, brand marketing and sales experience
- Is comfortable using MS Office software and a Point of Sale system, as well as reading/understanding reports, invoices, etc.
- Can meet the physical demands of the job, including lifting/carrying boxes weighing up to 40 lbs, standing for extended periods of time, and working within a freezer environment.
M&M Food Market is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We believe that the wide range of perspectives that results from diversity promotes innovation and business success. Achieving diversity makes us more creative, flexible, productive, and competitive. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
M&M Food Market strives to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. We will attempt to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, and employment history verification.
Location: 4 Pine Drive, Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 2L8
Job Type: Full-time