WJS Canada's Community Disability Services team in Vegreville encourage persons with developmental disabilities to build on strengths, further develop life skills, overcome barriers and become active participants?in their community.
In Your Role You Will
- Work a combination of days, evenings (one per week) and weekends (one per month), more if required
- Manage the daily operation of the program(s) (facilities, equipment and staffing)
- Schedule, supervise, orient/train and evaluate residential staff
- Ensure comprehensive/accurate recording and reporting of information (e.g. daily logs, incidents reports)
- Approve time sheets and related payroll documents
- Overnight checks required quarterly
- Assist Program Director with staff performance reviews/improvement plans and coordination of case conferences
- Be available for on call rotation
Supervise multiple programs for persons with developmental disabilities (PDD), acquired brain injuries (ABI), Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), ensuring high quality physical, behavioural and emotional supports. This is achieved through hiring and scheduling staff that are trained and committed to delivering service excellence; developing and monitoring Individual Service Plans (ISP), and working directly with the persons served and their families/care teams to develop a safe/goal-oriented program.
Criminal Record Check/Ministry Check Statement
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Diploma or Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education, Psychology, Sociology, Nursing, Management, etc.
- 2+ years management/supervisor experience
- 5+ years' experience providing residential service to persons with developmental disabilities and complex needs; Disability Support Worker or Practitioner, Healthcare Aide or LPN
- Will consider other combinations of experience and education.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities; augmented by specialized training
- Experience writing and implementing program plans and goals an asset
- Valid class 5 driver license, clear driving abstract and vehicle
- First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
- Leadership and crisis management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work with multiple persons served, as well as, with staffing teams
- Calm, confident, patient, self-motivated and motivates others; a positive role model.
What WJS Canada does
- Financial reward for New Hire/Employee referrals • A fair and equitable wage.
- An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer!
- Programming that meets current best practices.
- Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
- An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
- World-class staff training and personal development.
Our Employees Enjoy
- Employer-paid health & dental benefits after 3 months of employment
- Professional development opportunities and job-related training
- Flexible hours
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website:
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.