Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to manage a brand-new campground through development and into the start-up years? The Lindsay Agricultural Society is building a greenfield campground at the Lindsay Exhibition Grounds and is looking for the high energy leader to oversee the construction and launch of "KOA Kawarthas/Lindsay".
The Lindsay Agricultural Society owns and operates the Lindsay Exhibition Grounds with a vision to be "The premier agricultural and event facility in East Central Ontario." Join our small entrepreneurial team as we enter the next phase of our evolution.
The Campground Manager is responsible for the daily planning, management, and filling a primary leadership role on the campground. Responsibilities will include registration, retail, other income items, physical plant, related financial reporting, and other various duties assigned by the General Manager. Expected results will include:
- Delivery of an excellent guest service experience and an on-going excellent guest service atmosphere through the following:
- Demonstration of strong leadership skills.
- Professional and well groomed appearance of manager.
- Friendly, qualified and well groomed staff with proper franchise logo uniforms.
- Well-maintained campground including all facilities and grounds
- Persistent execution of budget management and financial results.
- Satisfactory quality review, customer satisfaction survey results, and Net Promoter Scores
- Previous experience managing a campground or other hospitality industry property required
- Previous experience hiring, training, and managing a team of employees is required
- Previous experience working at a KOA branded campground an asset
- Excellent employee & customer relations skills & ability to manage confrontation
- Able to lead and serve as a role model
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Strong decision making ability
- Ability to read and maintain a budget
- Motivated, goal oriented, and results driven
- Ability to create and execute marketing plans to promote the property
- Basic facilities management abilities including safety issues
- Prior experience using campground management software
- Knowledge of KOA’s K2 system an asset
- General knowledge of computers and connectivity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and be on-call throughout the day & night
- Experience overseeing campground construction projects an asset
- Valid "G" class driver’s license
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check
Please submit a resume with cover letter and salary expectation. Application process closes February 28th. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. While this is a full-time permanent position, it is expected there will be up to a 3-4 month lay-off each winter.
Reference ID: 2020 Campground Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- campground or other hospitality industry management: 3 years (Required)
- working in a KOA branded campground: 1 year (Preferred)
- class "G" drivers' (Required)