Are you a talented, motivated individual who thrives in an environment powered by entrepreneurial spirit and an inspired vision for the future? If so, we want you on our team!
Who we are:
The SDI Group is a Health and Safety consulting firm, offering specialized services in partnership with our clients to find solutions that meet non-traditional needs. We build and manage customized systems for clients in many sectors that enhance their current business model. Together our staff serve over 150 partnerships across North America. We are CRSP’s (Canadian Registered Safety Professionals) along with our team of Audiometric and Substance Screening Technicians. Whether it is certified COR Auditors, Trainers or Occupational Hygiene, the SDI Group is your partner.
The SDI Group is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-orientated Administrative Assistant. The position will report directly to the VP of Operations and will be responsible for managing the company’s daily operations out of our Nisku Alberta Office. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, trustworthy professional and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fact-paced environment.
Requirements and Responsibilities
· Previous experience in other fast paced office environments.
· Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
· Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written skills with clients and staff.
· Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
· Develop a sustain level of professionalism among staff and clientele.
· Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
· Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency.
· Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
· Supporting of various business units including our Drug and Alcohol Division.
· Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
· Purchasing & Inventory
· Support with marketing material including newsletter.
· Supporting in setting up training courses.
· Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
· Scheduling maintenance of office equipment, including computers and copy machines.
· Trustworthy and accountable to provide support to the Management team.
· Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Conscientious self starter who enjoys working in a team environment, needs a minimum of supervision, and is able to cope effectively under pressure with shifting priorities.
· High level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and Dropbox.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Strong work ethic with the flexibility to work overtime as required.
· Able to exercise discretion, judgment, diplomacy and confidentiality.
· Proven ability to build effective relationships across all levels of the business.
· Demonstrated ability to perform maturely and professionally ensuring complete confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information.
· Friendly and professional demeanour
Education and Experience
· Minimum of 4+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
· Highschool diploma required.
· Diploma or Degree in Business Administration or related education would be considered an asset.
· Experience in website updates would be considered an asset.
This a part time position including benefits and opportunity for growth with potential for full time in the future. Training in various company aspects will be provided.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
This position has been identified as risk/safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test.
The SDI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Reference ID: SDI Group 1
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- administrative assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Nisku, AB (Preferred)