Provide transportation to medical appointments and day programs for seniors, using a five-passenger minivan. The seniors are clients of Jewish Family Services (JFS), South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre (SEO), Abbotsford Senior Centre (Glebe Centre) and The Good Companions.
Knowledge and Ability Requirements
· Must be familiar with transportation regulations and by-laws.
· Clear, current driver abstract
· Police Record Check required
· Responsible, reliable, punctual, courteous and safe driver
· Excellent communication skills, patient, reliable
· Valid driver’s license and proof of adequate insurance coverage
· Experience working with senior citizens and sensitive to the special needs of seniors and adults with a physical disability.
· Verbal fluency in English
· Experience in transporting small groups of people
· First Aid and CPR are an asset
· Understand the importance of client confidentiality
· A second language is an asset
Job Type: Part-time
- driving: 10 years (Preferred)