The Distribution Office Clerk is responsible for ensuring all products that are received, stored and shipped are of the highest quality and are up to all standards as determined by management. The Office Clerk is also responsible for providing administrative support to the distribution department and assisting with the organization of distribution documentation.
- Receive all inbound bills in the Famous business system.
- Answer all phone calls in the distribution department and e-mail individuals from other organizations about product delivery.
- Print appropriate delivery documentation for all outbound loads.
- Compile paperwork for shift Supervisors or Shippers and Receivers for sorting loads.
- Properly address truck drivers and other customers and assist with the organization of trucks being loaded/unloaded.
- Ensure all orders shipped out are accurate in Famous.
- Maintain a daily shift fulfillment for all loads leaving the warehouse on each shift ( if required )
- Assist in maintaining a safe working environment for all employees and follow all applicable Health and Safety guidelines.
- Communicate and document any problems to the Warehouse Manager, Distribution Supervisor and appropriate buyers.
- Report to shift Supervisor and Warehouse Manager on a regular basis regarding the inspection of product, the fulfillment of procedures and practices and the determination of product quality.
- Step in as needed, and take on supervisory duties when shift supervisor is absent.
- Other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager or Distribution Supervisor.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Previous experience (1-2 years) with inbound, outbound and storage processes.
- Previous experience in the food industry an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge in the use of MRP/ERP and MS Office
- Knowledge of the Ippolito Group’s inbound, outbound and storage process.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining the company’s priority.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and able to adjust priorities constantly throughout the day.
- Very strong organization and communication skills with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Ability to work closely with internal departments, including the distribution team, sales group, dispatchers, production and management and occasionally with outside suppliers, customers and federal inspection agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- storage processes: 1 year (required)