The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing overall administrative and organizational support to the Executive, and project management for ongoing projects. The Executive Assistant is also required to maintain confidentiality and professionally interact with employees, management, and clients.
A qualified candidate should have:
- Ability to comprehend and record information quickly.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven experience with task management and follow-up
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with employees and departments on behalf of the Executive in a professional, results oriented manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Business acumen and ability to exercise tact, sound judgement, time & task management, and prioritization
- Act as the gatekeeper for internal and external contacts, including vendors, colleagues, clients, and customers
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing communications, including emails, phone calls, reports, and internal correspondence
- Abbreviate emails and research and respond appropriately
Calendars & Meetings
- Plan and organize events that take place externally, such as fundraisers, sporting tournaments, and appreciation events
- Attend various meetings and record/distribute minutes including board meetings
- Keep the Executive’s calendar up-to-date, including adding events, rescheduling appointments and providing daily briefings including internal and external meetings with attendees as requested including logistics as needed
- Arrange a regular cadence of meetings including company meetings etc. taking notes and action items and ensuring they are followed up – including facilities and refreshments
- Prepare and share meetings materials in a timely manner
Follow-up and Task Management
- Delegate and follow up on action items that fall within realm of responsibility
- Follow-up. Help the Executive implement the company agenda, including tracking and assisting items on company Gantt charts and help to ensure they are done on time
Projects & Reporting
- Conduct research and create reports on various topics based on the needs of the Executive
- Prepare documents and reports including things such as spreadsheets for budgets, grants, drafting, editing, proofreading, and formatting of both routine and non-standard letters, memoranda, reports, presentations, etc.
- Special projects as assigned by Executive. Other large-scale projects as assigned which may include (but not be limited to) research, organization, procedures, IT
Procurement and Expenses
- Run inventory forecast for review by Executive. Place purchase orders based on direction as a result of the review.
- Sourcing & Procurement of special items
- Oversee the approval of department expenses, including the review of employee expense claims for accuracy and adherence to policy on behalf of Executive
- Keep handbook up to date and ensure accuracy
- File important documents, such as reports, meeting notes, emails, and letters
- Keep important information and documents organized physically, and electronically
- Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Anticipate problems, provide quick solutions to maximize Executive’s time
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Other tasks or duties as requested
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Are you able to reliably commute to Perth, ON for this position?
- Executive Assistant: 2 years (preferred)