About Kambo Energy Group
Kambo Energy Group is an energy efficiency collective that delivers turn-key energy solutions for commercial buildings and residential communities. Kambo specializes in assessing and executing commercial and residential energy efficiency projects that create financial savings for our clients. This is an exceptional time for Kambo, with expansion meeting growing interest in the energy efficiency sector, we are poised to significantly reduce energy consumption for BC and AB businesses, and we are excited to grow our passionate and dedicated team. Come help us realize our vision of providing clean and accessible energy choices for everyone!
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who can help us ‘get sh*t done’. The successful candidate will oversee all technical aspects of our work and partner with our business development team to create and improve our service offering. In addition to having your P.Eng., you have experience in new and existing building construction for single family homes and multi-unit residential buildings including an understanding of how to identify and diagnose energy efficiency opportunities. To be successful in this role you must be able to lead and mentor a team to grow their skills and continually improve our processes.
- Oversee all technical aspects of our work.
- Partner with business development to create and adapt services.
- Ensure the technical integrity of our projects and programs.
- Work with the leadership team to provide decision support and identify opportunities.
- Build and develop your team to deliver our growing services.
- Continually review and implement best practices on your team.
- Mentor your team members and grow their talents through 1:1 meetings and creating a collaborative team environment.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position including 3+ years leading a team.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Applied Science or Engineering, including a P.Eng. with a focus on building science.
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for energy systems and sustainability with an ability to identify and diagnose energy efficiency opportunities.
- Experience with new and existing buildings including single family homes and multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs). Commercial building experience an asset.
- Experience in sizing and selecting HVAC equipment.
- Proven data interpretation and technical report writing experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and developing a team of technologists and engineers in training (EITs).
- Experience developing and implementing quality assurance processes.
- Experience working closely with business development and finance teams as well as other multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must be a clear and direct communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders and work cross functionally.
- Client-focused mentality with the ability to adapt to client needs and look for strategic opportunities.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and computer skills with intermediate skills in Outlook and Word and advanced skills in Excel.
- Experience with community-based programs for a wholistic view of energy management an asset.
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of diverse communities and organizations.
- Experience in working with Indigenous and/or remote communities would be an asset.
- Willingness and ability to do some travel including to remote communities.
If you’re interested in working with a team of passionate people who are building something amazing and having fun while we do it, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply on our website: https://www.kambo.com/staff/were-hiring/
Job Type: Full-time