You are a highly motivated and energetic individual, attracted by the values based culture of a leading charitable organization in your community. You value a workplace that offers you a competitive benefit plan and opportunities for professional and personal challenges and growth. You are a creative thinker, dedicated team player and have a strong child and family orientation with licensed child care experience being an asset. You possess the ability to implement standards that will enhance and build upon existing service and quality measures. You display a strong work ethic, have the ability to manage change within a growing organization and are committed to working as a member of a dynamic staff group to build an association that strengthens families and communities. Please note this position is a split shift.
- Two year post secondary Early Childhood graduate with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- YMCA Playing To Learn training, YMCA A Place To Connect training or play-based curriculum experience and understanding would be an asset
- YMCA or equivalent Standard First Aid/CPR Level “C” certification
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check required prior to first day of work
- Experience in program development and delivery
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated leadership and professionalism
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications
YMCA Northumberland is a growing service organization, with over 170 employees and 366 volunteers based out of Cobourg with Membership Centres in Cobourg and Brighton. YMCA Northumberland also operates 19 licensed Child Care Centres and 4 EarlyON Child and Family Centres focusing on child development across Northumberland. YMCA Northumberland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- licensed child care: 2 years (Preferred)
- Standard First Aid Level C CPR and AED (Preferred)
- Two year post secondary Early Childhood (Required)