The Field Service Repair Technician I is responsible for trouble-shooting, repairing and testing Toshiba's adjustable speed drive and motor product line. The Technician will receive and document customer equipment, prepare reports and documentation, and write repair/modification instructions. The individual contributor will also team with design engineers on problems.
Duties and Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Following procedures for Receiving, Inspecting, Estimating and Repairing customers' equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test one or more of the product lines for which the group is responsible.
- Preparing Estimates as directed by customer's instructions and following up with customers as needed.
- Be aware of, and know how to check for product revisions, modifications and engineering notes.
- Providing customer telephone or e-mail assistance as directed by the Repair Shop Supervisor (may be required to work at customer sites).
- Provide the administrative staff with documentation and information required for customer interface and billing.
- Assist the group in maintaining facilities, equipment and services.
- Assisting the Parts Group with part modification and revision as directed by the Repair Shop Supervisor.
- Work with Design Engineers and the plants on Product problems encountered.
TRAVEL:0 - 15%
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 0-4 years of previous experience in troubleshooting and repair industrial power electronics.
- Experience with adjustable speed drives or AC induction motors.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Associates degree or Technical degree
- military power electrical training program, or an electrical apprenticeship program preferred.Experience with adjustable speed drives or AC induction motors preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person