Residential Worker - Adult Services
Residential Worker – Adult Services
- Post-secondary Diploma in DSW, CYW, CSW (focus on Behavioural Science would be preferred) and/or Degree in related field
- Knowledge and 3 years of experience in Mental Health, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and Developmental Challenges
- Experience with various treatment approaches utilized in supporting persons with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Challenges
- Familiarity with Behaviour Support Plans, Daily Activity Schedules and Data Collection
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation (CYFSA)
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Organizational skills to prepare and co-ordinate the smooth functioning of daily routines
- Sound judgment and ability to work independently in fast paced environment
- Effective leadership to conduct shift coordinator role and ensure completion of daily responsibilities.
- Proficiency in making/implementing appropriate decisions regarding the young person’s being cared for
- Ability to confidently assess and intervene in crisis situations
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Act as a Prime Worker/Case Manager for assigned young people
- Provide appropriate personal and physical care including medication administration, crisis response, advocating on behalf of individuals supported and liaising with family, medical and other professionals and other service providers to address needs
- Supervise and monitor resident’s behaviour in the residential setting and while in community.
- Assist in the development and implementation of individualized plans.
- Maintain safety and security in the residence.
- Participation in case conferences, Plan of Care and progress reports.
- Provide comprehensive, daily reports as required.
- Act as an appropriate and professional role model.
- Abide by and respect the confidentiality of families, young people and co-workers.
- Attend staff training sessions and meetings as required.
- Promote growth and development as a team member.
- Transport residents as required in accordance with Ministry of Transportation and O.F.G.H. policies.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Program Director (delegate)
- Represent O.F.G.H. in a professional manner and adhere to confidentiality policies at all times.
- Shift work required; including evenings and weekends.
- Physical fitness sufficient to maintain/utilize UMAB certification as required and participate in daily programming.
- can perform kneel, squat, bend and twist regularly
- can regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- can perform tasks involving firm grasping
- full range of motion with respect to arm and leg movements
- ability to above shoulder height and below waist level.
- physically capable to engage and carry out physical intervention or containment.
- able to engage in physical activity as it relates to programming etc.
Please note the successful applicant will have a six-month probationary period.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time