Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Head, Advice Centre
What is the opportunity?
As the Head of RBC Insurance’s Advice Centre, you will report into the Vice President, Proprietary Distribution and will be responsible for a team of 700+ Licensed Insurance Advisors, Team Leaders and Directors in Mississauga and Montreal. The RBC Insurance (RBCI) Advice Centres provide Home & Auto and Life & Health (proprietary and non-proprietary) products and services to our clients across Canada. You are responsible for sales through Proactive Outbound channels, and will provide leadership in establishing and achieving customer service and sales targets, drive profitable growth, drive operational efficiencies, increase market share and achieve economies of distribution. This includes focus on providing an exceptional RBCI client and employee experience.
What will you do?
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of Sales & Distribution
- Collaborate with other channel Heads to establish parameters for sales practices to enhance and deliver exceptional advice and service across all channels
- Set and achieve sales and service targets for the Advice Center– both internal and external parties, based on the RBCI Business Strategy
- Lead the continuous improvement focus to enhance skills for the Advisors including Proactive Advice Culture and observational coaching
- Influence organizational readiness and awareness for legislative and regulatory enhancement of insurance by building capability and awareness within the Advice Centre
- Drive programs to accelerate employee engagement and empowerment, create a inspiring, positive and challenging work environment with growth and development opportunities for employees
- Provide leadership and direction through change management and communication activities to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Capacity Planning and Enablement to ensure appropriate resources, planning and support capability are in place to deliver a first class, highly effective client experience
- Set and achieve operational targets for the Advice Centre and review/monitor performance metrics to identify strategic or systemic opportunities for improvements. Translate opportunities into initiatives for 12-18 month strategic roadmap.
What do you need to succeed?
Nice to have:
- Proven experience leading large client focused teams
- 10+ years progressive insurance industry and general business experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence and impact
- Excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple/changing priorities
- Experience leading a Contact Center / Call Centre environment
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset
- Insurance licenses/designations, such as OTL (Other Than Life), Life License, Accident and Sickness
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with colleagues and clients
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.