Customer Service Associate
Reports to: Department Lead, Supervisor, Store Management Team
Job Purpose: The Customer Service Associate is a customer service specialist. Customer Service Associates are responsible for advising customers and processing customer purchases/returns. When not attending to a customer, the Customer Service Associate stocks shelves, assists in setting up displays, prices product, and maintains the cleanliness of the store.
Essential Job Results
- Warmly approaching and greeting customers.
- Advising customers on products and suggesting solutions to their needs.
- Providing a high level of customer service.
- Encouraging further business by thanking customers and asking for them to come back.
- Help customers with concerns and put them in contact with a Supervisor as needed.
- Answering the telephone in a warm and friendly manner
- Learn and maintain a product knowledge of store merchandise
- Helping to set up displays as directed by store management team
- Provide customer carry outs and load products for customers. Use Team Lift when needed.
- Weigh, measure, and cut merchandise to fill customer orders.
- Establishing/identifying prices for items
- Keying or scanning merchandise for customer purchase
- Total and receive payment for merchandise
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers per policy
- Ensuring proper return and refund policy is followed, including Management sign-off
- Wrapping or bagging merchandise purchased by the customer
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to verify accuracy
- Manager on duty verifies opening and closing cash counts
- Stocking/Re-stocking merchandise as needed
- Maintaining cleanliness of the store and checkout area
- Merchandising, pricing and tasking the point of purchase area when there are no customers in line
- Help with receiving on an as needed basis
Proud to be 100% Canadian
and Employee Owned
P a g e | 2
- Use safe work procedures while setting a good example to fellow employees
- Carry out work in a manner that will not create a hazard to themselves or others
- Work with co-workers and members of the Safety Committee to help create a safe working environment by making safety suggestions and recommendations
- Report and accidents, incidents, near misses, injuries, and/or occupational health concerns to a safety committee member
- Follow Peavey Industries L.P. medical and first aid procedures
- Positively communicate and demonstrate the company’s Core Values.
- Included in this list, are any additional tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Maintaining a customer first, positive attitude
- High attention to detail
- Ability to count, total, and work with numbers
- Ability to learn and operate till technology
- Staying calm and attentive in a busy environment
- Ability to approach customers, listen attentively, and use suggestive selling.
- Ability to multi-task
- On the job training or previous experience
- Standing for extended periods, walking long distances to move/handle merchandise and provide customer service
- Lifting up to 40lbs. and maintaining fitness level to perform all functions as set forth above
- Operating keyboard, scanning, and touch screen till technology in a repetitive manner
I have read and understand the job description.
_________________________ _________________________ __________________
Employee Print Name Employee Signature Date
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.60-$13.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)