The successful Business Analyst works to bridge the gap between business needs and technical solutions. The Business Analyst is the hub for analysis, planning, communication, and achieving software goals.
- Conduct research and analysis of upcoming product development work. Industry trends, best practices, and make recommendations.
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand their desires, obstacles, and business very well.
- Working closely with the Product/Program Manager.
- Delivering first and second level support, and troubleshooting technical issues related to the products.
- Monitoring of server tools and processes and analyzing of data.
- Preparing internal and external documentation related to training materials, user guides, and product release notes.
- Caring deeply about user experiences, implementations, and the ongoing operational success that turns a product that customers need, into a product they want for life.
- Doing whatever it takes to make the product or service useful, exciting, and successful.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor‘s degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Deep insight and contagious passion for software and their related business processes.
- Experience in software development and the home building industry.
- Ability to elicit and confirm requirements from stakeholders.
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications for the development team.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including developers, quality assurance testers, product manager, and stakeholders, to ensure that project goals and requirements are clearly understood and met.
- Skilled in troubleshooting technical software issues and identifying solutions.
- Skilled in data analytics and identifying patterns and anomalies,
- Proactive and self-driven.
- Careful attention to detail.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Doing work that has direct impact to customers and an industry.
- Working with a team of confident, self-starting, and persistent people with visible passion.
- Opportunity to work outside of one’s comfort zone and within the thrill of a fast-paced environment.
- Great health and insurance benefits.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Constellation HomeBuilder Systems is the leading software provider exclusively focused on the homebuilding industry. Our comprehensive suite of software solutions ranges from production and accounting, new home sales and marketing, home warranty and service, and homebuilder website solutions. We are the fastest growing and most successful provider of fully integrated information management solutions for homebuilders.
Our parent company is Constellation Software Inc, a well-capitalized, publicly traded company that specializes in vertical market software. Join our team for the benefit of working with a medium sized company while enjoying the support and opportunity of being part of a large organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Can you write business and technical requirements/cases for developers?
- Do you have experience testing software?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V5Y 1Y8