What you’re looking for: Would you like to work somewhere where you’ll be designing and developing features of a web product in a startup environment? Would you like to work for a positive, progressive company that appreciates your hard work, values your contribution, and allows you to have fun and do meaningful work? If so, SilkStart has the opportunity you've been seeking!
What we're looking for: A highly motivated and results-oriented developer with a passion for the full stack of our software solution who is looking to learn and grow.
The Role: The Software Developer position offers the opportunity to create software solutions - including analyzing solutions, designing and crafting the software, testing, estimating work, and investigating and resolving problems. Located in our Vancouver office you'll work closely with the developers in our Victoria office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contributing to the design and development of new features and platform functionality
- Researching and suggesting new technologies and methods
- Proactively identifying gaps and continuously working to improve the customer experience
- Development testing of new features and fixes before they go live
- Supporting our Customer Success team by investigating issues and bugs, diving deeply to determine root cause, and resolving issues
- Contributing to our learning organization focusing on tools, trends, technologies, and frameworks
- Bringing both problems and solutions to the table
- 5+ years of progressive experience in software design, architecture and agile development
- Extensive experience with templating languages, especially Python (we also use MAKO & Underscore)
- Experience with MongoDB as well as relational databases
- Experience with all phases of software product development in a team environment
- The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, a related technical discipline or additional experience
- Experience with a variety of server side technologies/languages (we use Python, Pylons, Celery, RabbitMQ, NGINX, and Ansible to name a few)
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with automated testing tools
- Experience with agile methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
- Experience/knowledge of continuous integration
- Knowledge of payment gateways like Stripe, PayPal, or Bambora
- Experience with custom CMS design and development
- Experience with server automation and Ansible
- Experience working with and building web services
Must Have Attributes:
Effective Communication.You’re comfortable communicating with both the business and tech team.
Result Orientation.Your first interest is the business results – getting things done that matter to the customer. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. This is not a ‘that’s not my job’ or ‘I don’t know how to do that’ environment. We’re a small, entrepreneurial team that all pitch in to get the job done.
Customer Obsession.You always think about the customer and how your work impacts them.
You Learn Quickly.You get up to speed quickly with new technologies and add value.
Desire to Learn and Grow.You’re a lifelong learner eager to take on new challenges and grow.
Self Direction.You’re independently driven and resourceful enough to figure things out and deliver results once the direction is clear.
Hustle.You like a fast-paced environment.
Great Decisions Making.Your approach to problems and potential solutions leads you to make great evidence based decisions.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Web Application Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)