Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States or Canada.
About the opportunity
Ceridian is looking for a self-driving, collaborative and motivated Design Program Manager to help drive design practices within our growing design organization.
Design at Ceridian is transforming from a legacy approach to “enterprise software” to a contemporary, user- and human-centered practice, recognizing that even HR and workforce management tools should look and work more like consumer software.
You will be collaborating with other DesignOps and design leaders to help pave the best path forward. This role focuses on supporting design initiatives that are aimed to improving the design team’s overall functions, including: supporting designers in projects within your domain, problem solving and eliminating roadblocks, and collaborating with Engineering, Product and Design to enhance team functions.
What you’ll get to do
- Coordinate DesignOps practices across projects within your domain, including design resourcing, maintaining processes and driving design ceremonies
- Eliminate design-oriented roadblocks to ensure the design team gains efficiencies and productivity
- Manage design-focused programs and become an advocate for design
- Support the implementation, roll out and sustainability of our Ceridian Design System
- Document and improve processes that will impact the performance of the design team in various sectors
- Manage team needs with respect to tools, documentation, assets and file management
What’s in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and experience we value
- 3-5 years of program management experience or DesignOps experience, with a focus on design-oriented projects
- Knowledge of user-centered and human-centered design processes, including user research, insights and analysis, prototyping and validation, and delivery of production-ready design
- Passionate advocate of putting our users (who aren’t necessarily the same as our paying customers) at the heart of the work
- Understand the role of design systems in a large product company, with experience setting up a design system within a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including an excellent facilitator
- Experience and understanding of scrum and the design-to-development engagement model (cross functional product development process between engineering, product management and product design)
- Ability to collaborate and seek input across functions
- Knowledge around design-oriented tools used in the Design and UX practice
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.