The Home Hardware Brand is the largest independent hardware and building supply retailer in Canada. It is made up of more than 1,100 dealer owned locations and carries more than 100,000 products. It is also home to a large supportive workforce that is dedicated to helping our customers with quality products and exceptional service.
Mara Lumber Home Building Centre is looking for a Lumber Yard Associate to join it's team effective immediately.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Load and unload materials.
- Take all necessary safety precautions when handling freight, tools, and equipment.
- Store material in correct locations in the yard.
- Identify and assist customers with advice, information, and/or help in gathering and loading orders.
- Keep the yard clean and the inventory neat and orderly.
- Be familiar with the locations(s) of all inventory and equipment.
- Be familiar with the safe operation and maintenance of equipment, including forklift, lumber cart, pallet jack, banding machine, etc.
- Assist customers in handling large or heavy items.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Be aware of theft and take action, in line with company policy, to report or discourage it.
- Process special orders for non-stock items.
- Give customers timely notice of incoming special orders.
- Restock lumber bins, sheds, etc. when they are depleted.
- Receive incoming merchandise.
- Check incoming merchandise against orders or invoices, identify damaged goods, shortages, and backorders.
- Report any shortages, damaged goods, and backorders to your supervisor.
- Work on any special projects assigned by your supervisor, after determining their priority in relation to your other duties.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behaviour to management in order to have the situation corrected.
Holding a valid drivers' license and forklift certification is an asset. Experience with load building in a lumber yard is also an asset.
Competitive wages and benefits offered. This is a year round, permanent, full time position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care