Who are we looking for?
Interior Health is looking Casual Clinical Dietitians to join their team at the Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, B.C.! The position works between 0 and 37.5 hours per week on an as needed basis from 08:00 to 16:00, which could include weekend and holiday work.
How will you make an impact?
Utilizing clinical techniques and knowledge, the Dietitian provides nutrition services through: nutrition assessment; care planning and charting; intervention, goal setting and monitoring; counseling and education programs; consults and communicates with the multidisciplinary care teams; acts as a resource to other health professionals and communities within Interior Health. If you are passionate about making a positive impact within your community, apply today!
What you will do?
The Dietitian liaises and advises food service staff on patient/client/resident care issues and menu development. The Dietitian provides input to the Professional Practice Leader or designate by participating in the development of nutrition practice guidelines and procedures; research and continuous quality improvement initiatives for the facility and program.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts nutrition screening and assessment of patients, clients and residents utilizing established standards and guidelines and relevant biochemical, anthropometric, and dietary parameters.
- Educates clients/families regarding the rationale and mechanics of the nutrition care plan as adapted to the clients' treatment modality, economic situation, eating habits, learning ability, and cultural background.
- Documents nutrition care plans, goals, and recommendations in the patient, client or resident chart in accordance with established standards/guidelines/regulations.
- Communicates with multidisciplinary team members and participates in patient/client/resident rounds and care conferences.
- Provides input to Professional Practice Leader or designate by participating in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of nutrition practice guidelines, quality improvement initiatives and education materials/programs based on current literature/research.
- Serves on departmental/program/organizational committees and represents the department/program on external committees as required.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. If you are an experienced Dietitian and want to be challenged in your practice while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
- Successful completion of an accredited hospital based dietetic internship program (or equivalent acceptable to the facility).
- Two year’s of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience suitable to the facility or program is required.
- Practice specific requirements and experience in programs applicable to practice area such as: Diabetes Education, Nutrition Support, and Kidney and Chronic Disease Management Programs.