Community Disabilities Program Manager - Vegreville
Job Number: J0619-0835
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
City: Vegreville, Alberta
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: Flexible Hours, may require evening and weekend response
Compensation: $27.36 - $31.17
Closing Date: 08JUL19
WJS Canada in Vegreville, AB, supports adult residents who have a developmental disability reach the highest possible levels of independence and self-sufficiency in their daily lives and strive for inclusion in the community. Personalized planning and programming ensures that residents receive the support they need to achieve their goals.
Vegreville is a town in located approximately 103 km east of Edmonton. Living in Vegreville, home of the World famous Pysanka, means having access to a great selection of services & programs in a caring community. The town prides itself on its small town feel while being conveniently close to major centres - a safe, comfortable, perfect place to live. For more information visit http://www.vegreville.com/living
The Program Manager provides operational and administrative direction for the development, implementation and management of the Community Disability Support Services program in this CARF-accredited agency. The Program Manager hires, trains and manages a diverse staff of Disability Support Workers, Practitioners and Team Leads. Other responsibilities of this challenging position include program staff scheduling, coordinating individual program plans, working directly with persons served and their families, and ensuring service complies with company and program policies, legislation and CARF accreditation standards. The Program Manager reports to the Program Director.
- Work a combination of days, evenings and weekends, as well as on-call rotation, as required
- Assist Program Director to develop, implement, manage and evaluate high-quality, community disability services and programming.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and values of the agency and CARF accreditation and the use of best practices when supporting persons served.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise and evaluate Disability Service Workers.
- Motivate employees through performance management and professional development to peak performance and productivity; take disciplinary action when required.
- Advocate for, plan and implement changes in response to client needs/desires
- Ensure client files, reports and critical incidents are reported and managed accordingly.
- Assist in future contract negotiations with funders.
- Collect, organize, prepare and maintain files, records, reports, etc. for agency, ministry and CARF accreditation.
- Communicate regularly with agencies, funders, professionals, etc. involved with persons served.
- Provide on-call and emergency coverage on cell phone as required.
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings.
- Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Child & Youth Work, Addictions etc.
- 3-5 years similar management experience, preferably in disabilities or social work field
- Experience with high behaviour management, complex mental health needs and/or addictions.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership, team building skills - including coaching and mentoring skills.
- Observation and interpretive skills to support service integration and delivery; including the ability to identify variances and formulate appropriate action plans.
- Conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention skills.
- Strong understanding of Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, relevant legislation, guidelines, policies and standards.
- Experience working with computer/business software programs.
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.36 to $31.17 /hour
- management of high behvaioral clients: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 3 years (Required)
- disability support: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)