We are looking for a Senior Environmental Monitor and Inspection Auditor to join our team of experienced and skilled professionals based out of our Terrace, Fort St. John, Vancouver, or Courtenay office. We provide a safe, supportive and engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration, integrity, with the opportunity to apply new technology, gain analytical skills, and realize your career potential. Our compensation plan is competitive and there are great opportunities for growth and advancement through mentorship, training, and other professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into an exceptional team of professionals dedicated to science-based, ethical environmental consulting, collaborating on fascinating and challenging assignments. This role will be responsible for:
- Completing environmental inspections on site. Primarily a field position, likely to include shift-based work at various locations in Northwest British Columbia and elsewhere.
- Assuring environmental protection measures are effective and functioning as intended.
- Assuring compliance with environmental permits, licenses, authorizations and project commitments.
- Providing recommendations for improving and correcting any ineffective or inadequate environmental protection measures.
- Reporting issues of non-compliance such as accidental releases, erosion and sediment control measures and any failing environmental protection measures.
Qualifications and Skills:
If you have the following qualifications and are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
- Registered professional (R.P.Bio., P.Geo., P.Ag., or P.Eng. preferred).
- 10+ years’ experience in an Environmental Monitor role.
- Experience with major projects (e.g., BC EAO-certified), and provincial and federal permitting.
- Drafting, reviewing and implementing construction environmental management plans.
- A background in identifying and managing risk (environmental, compliance, corporate).
- Experience prescribing and monitoring environmental mitigation measures.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality, excellence, and ethics.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic business with strict deadlines, budgets and quality standards.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite.
Job Type: Full-time