Hey, Nice to Meet You! Glad you found us!
We are Mayk Ideas - growth advisors and marketing creatives! Ingenuity without boundaries is at the heart of every strategy we envision and execute. We craft people-oriented, brand-building campaigns and business transformations that are intentional and value-driven. Our creative and venture acceleration services lead to measurable return on investment for the firms and brands we work with, as they are informed by data-driven strategies, good business sense, and meaningful connections. Our portfolio of clients include professional and financial services, sports and entertainment, technology, automotive and other B2B brands. Our clients are growing and so are we!
A forward-focused Account Manager focused on developing strong relationships with an assigned portfolio of clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and preparing sales reports. Reporting to VP, Marketing Strategy and working with Client Services and Growth Team, you will dive into answering client queries and identifying new business opportunities among existing customers. This role may be based in the Kitchener-Waterloo region or remotely.
What You'll Do:
- Client Relations: Develop and maintain long-term, productive relationships with existing clients and identify opportunities to grow business with existing clients.
- Manage: Manage projects within client relationships, working to carry out client goals while meeting company goals.
- Partner: Liaise with cross-functional internal teams (marketing, business development) to improve the entire customer experience.
- Communicate: Act as the main point of contact with clients and ensure communication of client requirements to internal teams in the company.
- Report: Report and present account progress to senior management and use relevant metrics to track progress. You will update the CRM system with changes to existing client information, add new client information and record progress in the sales pipeline.
- Innovate: Leverage and build on existing tools and processes and explore the use of the forward technologies and processes.
Given your background and work experience, you are brave and delve into innovating for internal and client-side requirements. You have the ability and desire to thrive and excel in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
For the role you will have to be:
- Committed and focused: Efficiently deliver client focused solutions and negotiate with executives while juggling multiple account management projects at a time.
- A collaborator: Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach – the road to shared success combines the energy, ideas, and execution of many - architecting value and building lasting impact through teamwork.
- A Communicator: Effectively communicate and present at different levels of the organization.
- Connected: To build and maintain relationships - internal and external as it is critical to understanding the needs, desires and ambitions our team and the greater world.
- University or college degree in a field related to the role or a combination of education and related experience
- 6+ plus years B2B marketing experience; previous senior management or executive positions in financial services, professional services, technology and/or related industries.
- Experience working in an agency, creative house or having been client-side managing an agency relationship would be important.
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing principles, techniques, technologies, and platforms.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation, SEO, social and content management tools.
- Deep understanding of CRM and lead management tools (HubSpot, Pardot, Adobe Marketo, etc.).
Extra’s that will give you the edge
- Microsoft Dynamics Sales certifications/Salesforce certifications
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Motivated and disciplined self-starter
- Excellent knowledge and experience of CRM and lead management tools (HubSpot, Pardot, Adobe Marketo, etc.), Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, OneNote, Teams, SharePoint Framework and Project management tools (such as Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project and Slack)
Why you’ll love working here:
Join us and help create a bright future for brands and businesses:
- We are engaged, resourceful and we always find a way to support growth initiatives of companies through important milestones. Every member of the team has mental agility with the ability to juggle multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously.
- We use communication and tech to level the playing field. Technology and data connect people and brands from all over, building thriving businesses with entrepreneurial partners.
- We build campaigns and connections our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to help them not only grow their pieces of the pie – but enlarge the pie. And to do that these businesses need ideas, talent, brand and infrastructure.
- We are curious and creative: We always find a way to get things done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. We lead with creativity in our decision-making and reason.
We value candidates that bring a range of experience from different industries and a variety of creative influences. If you're special and can bring first-hand experience and empathy for the growth journey, tell us your story! Even if you don’t fit all the desired requirements.
Let’s Get this Started!
Please submit a cover letter, copy of your resume and/or a short video pitch. The link to your video (approx. 1-5 min) should be included in your resume or cover letter.
Why are you the right person for the role? In the cover letter and/or video this is what we are expecting:
- Two or three sentence summary about your academic and/or professional background.
- Specific accomplishments from your background that explain how you fit with our candidate description above.
- Tell us about a special project you worked on and what your biggest accomplishment was.
- Do you wish to be considered for full-time permanent and/or contract employment?
Please remember to submit your resume, and cover letter/video pitch and include answers to the questions above. There is no word limit for your letter, but we’d prefer that you limit your answers to one page. Use the following format as the subject line for your submission "[Your Name] – [Role Title] Application".
We look forward to meeting you!
If you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications, but still think you would be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skillsets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$82,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- B2B marketing: 4 years (required)