With more than 50 years of Aerospace industry experience, IMP Aerostructures, an Operating Unit of IMP Aerospace and Defence, is a leader in the Aerospace industry providing top quality, structural components and assemblies to clients such as Bombardier, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Spirit Aerosystems and Lockheed. Located in the quaint town of Amherst, NS, just a short trip from Moncton, NB, you’ll enjoy a lifestyle that offers all of the amenities of big city living in a rural setting. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, IMP Group takes enormous pride in the diligence and hard work its employee groups provide. Known for providing its employees with a supportive and challenging atmosphere, fostering growth and personal development, IMP Aerostructures has an immediate opening for a motivated individual to join its winning team!
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work in our IMP Aerostructures Purchasing department. This supply chain focused role requires a high degree of communication and negotiation skills with both the supplier and the internal customer.
- Analyze material requirements within the ERP system and make recommendations regarding the most cost-effective purchasing policy.
- Ability to manage RFQ’s and RFP’s from creation to implementation.
- Perform A,B,C analysis of commodities purchased and set ordering rules accordingly.
- Extract and analyze data from an MRP system to review and adjust inventory control levels.
- Report, investigate and action dead stock identify areas for improvement.
- Take actions from production to escalate delivery concerns with materials affecting production.
- Through ordering rule changes, minimize obsolete inventory on-hand.
- Interface with other departments to improve materiel planning.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize inventory levels to support all program while increasing inventory turns.
- Report and monitor materiel performance metrics.
- Working with purchasing, ensure that the supplier AVL is maintained and up-to-date
- Manage the day-to-day activities of Purchasing.
- Work with suppliers when delivery performance is not being met.
- University degree in a related field; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent.
- Related professional designation preferred but not required. (e.g. SCMP, P. Eng, P. Log, CPIM)
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a Materials Management role
- Experience in the Aerospace and / or Manufacturing Industries preferred
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems
- An excellent understanding of supply chain relating to the aerospace and/or manufacturing industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and have the ability to interpret and communicate results
- Must possess advanced computer skills including MS Office and Microsoft Project
- Strong people management, communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
Applications for the above position will be accepted until the position has been filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only individuals selected for an interview will be notified.
IMP AEROSTRUCTURES IS COMMITTED TO EMPLOYMENT EQUITY
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume