Project Background Information
The ITS Process and Operations, Technology Office is responsible for development and management of enterprise web applications widely utilized by OPS staff, vendors, and Broader Public Sector (BPS) partners. With efforts to align with the Ontario Digital Office and the Ontario Digital Action Plan (https://files.ontario.ca/books/digital_action_plan.pdf), the office is transforming the way in which they approach digital design. The team is implementing user centered design processes that are people centric, results driven and focused on creating an improved customer experience. With this transformation, the position of a User Experience (UX) designer (resource) has become critical to ensuring the success of this modernized approach. The focus of this resource will be on enabling digital solutions that center around improving usability of current and new digital web platforms, creating efficiencies and enabling cost savings.
The resource will provide user experience (UX) and user interaction (UI) design expertise within ITS Process and Operations, Technology Office. The resource will be supporting key initiatives derived from the Ernst & Young LLP (EY) review, including:
- One OPS Contact Centre MYP – Contact centre consolidation initiative.
- ITS Service Delivery Modernization through Back Office Efficiencies
- ONRequest – new enterprise product and service ordering tool to replace Service Order Desk Online (SODO)
- OPS IT Service Desk and OSS Contact Centre LiveChat and artificial intelligence (AI) Chatbot The resource will provide expertise in the following areas where the skillset is currently not available within the staffing complement:
- Visual and user interface (UI) design. The resource will create high quality visual elements that will improve and modernize the end user experience
- Research and usability testing. Expertise in facilitating user testing sessions ensure process efficiency and support evidence-based decision making
- Interaction design. Analysis of complex business processes and requirements for transforming to digital platforms.
ITS carried out a robust internal review prior to requesting this temporary resource. Key options considered included:
- A review of the IT Source Professional Services Staff has determined there are no internal individuals available that meet this unique skillset. A user experience (UX) designer is an emerging role within enterprise organizations and there is currently no OPS formal job specification for the role. Work is under way to define a formal job specification for this role, however it is expected that this will not be completed within the short term and temporary assistance is required to fill the current void.
- Redistribution of work among current FTEs. Experience has shown that ITS does not have the required expertise to fulfill this role. Nor does ITS currently have the capacity within its existing FTE complement to complete this work.
- The creation of a full-time position for a UI/UX Designer under the Process and Operations Branch of ITS is currently under way as part of a broader FFS to FTE conversion initiative being led by CAC. It is anticipated that the board submission for the conversions will occur in Q4 of this fiscal.
We are looking for a senior UI and Graphics Designer that has a good understanding of UX principals, with a focus of Enterprise and Web Applications. This resource would not be responsible for usability testing or any research.
Must Haves - resume must demonstrate the following:
Portfolio of work with example of enterprise applications.
Strong graphics/UI background and experience
Experience with designing IT Service Management and Contact Centre Solutions/applications
Works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information management (IM) and/or information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems, work to improve the structure and efﬁciency of an organziation's I&IT Systems. The Task-based I&IT Consultant may be used to provide strategic guidance to organizations with regard to IM and Task-based IT technology, IT infrastructures and the enablement of major business processes through enhancements to IT. they can also be used to provide subject matter expertise during the procurement as well as providing highly expert technical assistance.
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Category: Business Analysis
Description: The resource will provide user experience (UX) and user interaction (UI) design expertise.
The resource will provide expertise in the following areas where the skillset is currently not available within the stafﬁng complement:
Visual and user interface (UI) design. The resource will create high quality visual elements that will improve and modernize the end user experience Research and usability testing. Expertise in facilitating user testing sessions ensure process efﬁciency and support evidence-based decision making
Interaction design. Analysis of complex business processes and requirements for transforming to digital platforms.
Evaluation Breakdown Per Role
1. Business Analysis & Planning / Task-based I&IT Consultant / Level 3
A. Price - 30%
B. Portfolio - 30%
Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
C. Technical Experience - 15%
Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Working knowledge of usability methodologies including user-centric design and usability testing
D. Design Skills - 25%
Demonstrated experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, Sketch, Balsamiq or other visual design and wireframing tools
Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user ﬂows, process ﬂows and site maps.
Demonstrated knowledge of the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
Contract length: 12 months
Expected Start Date: 14/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract