On behalf of a manufacturing employer in Perth, Community Employment Services is looking for a HR Generalist/Training Coordinator.
This position carries out responsibilities in all aspects of human resources including recruiting, onboarding, benefit administration, employee relations, performance management and return to work. The main focus is to oversee the full training cycle; assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate safety, process and Educational training programs, continuously improving the site training system and supporting activities. Maintain an emphasis on integration of the organizations values, goals and objectives into processes, procedures, and behaviors of employees to safely meet our customer’s delivery and quality requirements.
SAFETY AND PROCEDURES
- Follow all publicized safety policies/procedures and JIBS applicable to the job.
- Use appropriate PPE that has been identified on the Hazard Analysis for the department/role.
- Report all safety hazards observed. If capable, correct the safety hazard identified.
- Drive JIBS Step 0 safety brief continuous improvement review
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with Plant Manager and Human Resources Manager to support the business.
- With Plant Manager, HR, Management Team and subject experts perform whole-organization need assessments, identifying skills or knowledge gaps that need addressing to allow the organization to move forward toward strategic goals and objectives
- Support compliance of process consistency through internal audits of safety and quality procedures
- Measure training, reporting on activities such as effectiveness, cost and time
- Maintain a clear understanding of company Safety Policies, ISO 9001 - 14001 Standards and any other compliance requirements
- Reads, understands and is committed to conducting business in accordance to Albany International’s Business Ethics Policy. All business of the company should, at all times, be conducted ethically, fairly, honestly and with integrity.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance in all areas of Human Resources and maintaining all compliance tasks in accordance with federal, state and company requirements.
- Understand, adhere and follow the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) including but not limited to T22, T23, T24, T29 and T30.
- Deliver simplified Train the Trainer to employee(s) when they are responsible to train a new employee and provide coaching to help them develop the confidence and instructional skills necessary to successful transfer their knowledge and expertise
- Develop and maintain an annual training calendar that details what type of training is required, who requires it and when
- Determine the impact of training on employees skills and assess how it affects key performance indicators
- Promote plant wide training consistency when developing, reviewing, revising, completing, tracking and retaining employee qualification matrix, evaluations and related training records and documents
- Ensure Step 0 is in all “how to" JIBS related to the job/tasks and encourage suggestions on improving work procedures.
- Fulfill Global Process Training Team (GPTT) Responsibilities, offering ideas and best practices to improve
- Perform other duties/tasks as assigned
- Manage all paperwork and systems updates related to employee changes
- Manage new position review system
- In conjunction with OHN manage STD and LTD and return to work
- Benefits Administration
Reports To: HR Manager
- Industrial Safety Practices
- Basic Group Dynamics
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Technical Writing Capability
- Basic Analytical Skills
- An organized self-starter
- Ability and willingness to travel if needed
- Respect for Safety
- ISO 9001
- Lean Manufacturing
- Behavior Shaping Techniques
- Hazard Awareness
- Build and maintain effective professional relationships
Education Requirements: High School Diploma
Field of Study: High School Diploma will be acceptable with an exceptional candidate. A college diploma or certificate in Adult Learning is preferred.
How to Apply: In person
Please apply in-person with your resume to Community Employment Services located at 40 Sunset Boulevard in Perth Ontario (CES is in The Factory Business Complex, open Mon-Fri 8:30AM-4:00PM, View Map) and complete the CES pre-screen application.
Please note, this is an application to participate in an Employment Ontario, Employment Service program and not a paid position with Algonquin College. Resumes of suitable candidates will be presented to the employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Secondary School (Preferred)