Highland Farms is a family owned supermarket chain operating around the GTA. Since we first opened our doors in 1963, our family has proudly offered an extensive selection of fresh quality food products and a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service. Every shopping trip is a flavor adventure for our customers and our deli and meat counters are legendary.
If you are passionate about food, have strong customer service skills, and want to make a fresh start, then join the Highland Farms family. You’ll enjoy working in our clean and bright stores. We provide a friendly work environment, competitive wages, health care benefits for full time employees, on the job training and opportunity for advancement.
- Greets customers and provides excellent customer service.
- Operates cash register and processes money and credit/debit payments.
- Scans items and tabulates total payments for goods required.
- Receives payment for goods and wraps or places merchandise in bags.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Promptly notifying a member of management if customer needs are not fully met.
- Good communication skills and ability to read and write in English.
- Customer Service oriented and able to make good decisions.
- Able to work under minimal supervision and have attention to detail.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Experience in cash handling an asset.
- Experience working in a grocery store an asset.
- Need to be available to work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Highland Farm’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- cashier: 1 year (Preferred)