Begin your healthcare career with Bayshore and start helping clients throughout Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and surrounding areas remain in the comfort of their own home - enhancing their quality of life, dignity, and independence.
Join our fully paid Community Health Worker (CHW) program designed for those with customer service experience who want to take their transferable skills and explore opportunities in healthcare.
No health care experience necessary! Starting at the first day of training, you are a Bayshore employee.
Our program participants come from a variety of backgrounds – each bringing highly respected transferable skills. Some examples include cashier, customer service representative, server, housekeeper, support worker, childcare worker.
You can make great things happen
- Do what you love – We empower you to continue your passion for serving others with lots of autonomy and support. Your customer service skills from retail, food service, and hospitality industries are highly respected and provide an incredible foundation for your next step in community care.
- Take charge – Choose an employment option that compliments your lifestyle – part-time, full-time, and casual opportunities available. The Community Health Worker training only takes nine weeks to complete! Be in control of your day and manage what’s important to you.
- Experience more – Bayshore is committed to help you realize the future you want. We achieve this by providing the Community Health Worker program for free, paying participants as employees during training, and offering guaranteed employment with Bayshore upon successfully completing the program.
- Make a difference - Your commitment to kindness, respect, and safe patient care shapes the wellbeing of our clients and communities. By providing home care, you are creating more capacity in the health care system so that only the most acute clients are receiving care in hospital or long-term care settings.
The Work You Will Do
Community Health Workers (CHWs) support clients in the community to live independently in their own home. CHWs work with clients who require assistance with daily activities including bathing, dressing, mobility, meal preparation, and basic home maintenance and housekeeping.
You may only join Bayshore team as a Community Health Worker through the Community Health Worker program. A Community Health Worker does not have the same scope of work as a Personal Support Worker (PSW). If you are a PSW, please apply to one of our many PSW roles available on our website.
Qualifications - External
- You must be eligible to work in Canada
- You must live in the community you will be servicing
- A willingness to work every other weekend
- You must have a valid driver’s license (G or G2) and access to a reliable vehicle
- You must pass a Vulnerable Sector Police Check as a condition of hire
- Ability to satisfy a reference check
Bayshore Healthcare is a Canadian owned and operated company with over 18,500 employees across the nation and possess over 50+ years in the home health industry. If your calling is to “be the difference” by providing outstanding care, then a career with Bayshore is the perfect fit for you!
Please see what our CHWs have to say about their experience.
Bayshore is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Do you have a G or G2 Ontario drivers license?
- Do you own a vehicle or have access to a vehicle for the full work day?
- Do you have a PSW or DSW certificate? Or are you a foreign trained nurse? If yes, please apply to one of our PSW job postings, as CHW is for candidates without these credentials.
Work Location: On the road