Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the SHN Site Lead, the candidate will work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders as a Training Support Coordinator.
The Training Support Coordinator will undergo onboarding by the Training Management Team and be responsible for supporting key training stakeholders [Credentialed Trainers (CT) and Specialist Training Specialist (STS)] with pilot training, scheduling, drafting course shells, developing programs in the Learning Management System (LMS), in-class administrative support, gathering sign in sheets, submitting attendance in the LSM and coordinating other training related tasks while providing at-the-elbow support during classroom activities.
The Training Support Coordinator will be working with Principal Trainers (PTs) and LMS Admins to repurpose classrooms for Credentialed Trainers (CTs) and support Super Users (SU) resources as part of regional project involving the implementation of a clinical information system. Some daily tasks will involve coordinating Just-In-Time training sessions, setting up pre and post project go-live Personalization Labs, making changes to the schedules, and posting the updates to local and regional communication platforms and update the Learning Management Team on ad hoc changes that are required or requested.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- University degree in a related discipline (e.g. Adult Education, Organizational Development, Educational Technologies, Instructional Design, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience)
- Experience and ability to schedule large scale training events with interdependencies and restrictions
- Demonstrates flexibility with respect to changing timelines and delivery methods
- Microsoft Excel expertise
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Experience working with technologies/applications including eLearning authoring tools.
- Ability to develop guidelines and standards for learning content along with the ability to generate reports and analysis related to eLearning from the LMS
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff along with subject matter experts to gather and translate requirements and develop curriculum
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates strong organizational, decision making, prioritization and time-management skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Awareness and understanding of mandatory/regulatory education requirements
- Demonstrated multimedia and graphic skills
- Proven to be a dedicated team player, who demonstrates initiative and independence
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN's Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.