Wanted: Outdoor Enthusiasts and Fresh Air Aficionados
We believe being in the great outdoors seems to make everything a little bit better. It helps us refresh, recharge, escape, slow down and connect. So we seek to spend as much time outdoors as possible and we want to help others do the same. A Campers Village career is more than a job; it's a community of people who are passionate about the outdoors.
Step into the great outdoors with Campers Village and enjoy a career that will keep you engaged, educated, as well as connected with the latest outdoor trends and technologies.
Proud to be Gear Geeks
We unashamedly love outdoor gear, clothing and gadgets. It's OK to obsess a little. A career at Campers Village will provide you with awesome staff discounts on everything in the store and special pro deals from our suppliers. We also provide comprehensive and ongoing training on the latest outdoor gear and technologies so you are truly an expert of the outdoors.
The Department Supervisor is responsible for being the product knowledge expert in their department, and managing the performance of the staff and sales within their department. The Department Supervisor is also responsible for managing the daily operations of the store 1 to 3 shifts per week.
- Provide customer with expert advice on products within the department to ensure the customer's needs are met
- Delegate tasks and ensure staff within the department are performing efficiently
- Approve returns and exchanges, and deal with warranty-related issues
- Handle change-orders and skims, and perform cash-out procedures, when necessary
- Train and provide orientation for new staff within the department, as required
- Attend product knowledge sessions as required and train the sales associates on the new information acquired in a timely and efficient manner
- Motivate staff and maintain a positive work environment
- Ensure that newly received product is stocked in a timely manner
- Acting as Manager-On-Duty up to 3 shifts per week
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years retail sales experience
- 1+ years supervising retail sales associates
- Passionate about the outdoors!
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with outdoor activities and gear; kayaks, hiking, camping, snowshoeing, travel
- Retail setting; primarily indoors, however some events occur outside
- Standing for long periods of time
- Must be physically able to restock product inventory; climb ladders, reach, bend, kneel, carry, push/pull, lift up to 30 lbs without assistance
- Open availability to work weekdays, weekends, mornings, afternoons, evenings including statutory holidays
- Required to work occasional onsite/offsite promotional events outside of store hours
submit resume to cvsjobs@campers- village.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per hour
- retail: 1 year (Required)
- retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)