The conductor will have to perform yard work such as switching cars, making or splitting up the trains, moving the cars, etc. The employee will be a member of a train crew that will perform work in the rail yards or travel to various locations with the train to service our clients.
Company: Goderich-Exeter Railway Inc.
Location: Guelph, ONT
The selected individual will perform the following functions:
- Manages and controls the movements of the cars by using lantern, hand and/or flag signals or radio to indicate when to start, stop, back-up or set or release air brakes.
- Operates track switches (visually checks switch condition and direction) to change the direction of the engine or cars within yard limits or on the main railway; may apply or release hand brakes to switch or perform other duties.
- Apply and release hand breaks to perform movements.
- Follows the lists of work, respecting the order of those cars on the train.
- Prepares required daily reports and switch lists, manually or electronically.
- Inspects the condition of the train.
- Follows and complies with the various rules, railway safety procedure and standards of Transport Canada.
- Interacts with the railway authorities.
- Work safely.
- Other related tasks.
- Must possess a high school diploma.
- Have experience or is a qualified conductor (important asset).
- Able to adapt to different situations: work schedule, being on call, over time, tasks to accomplish, etc.
- Must be prepared to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be prepared to work on call 24/7, weekends, shifts.
Other working conditions: Vacation, benefits and paid holidays are based on the company’s policies.
If considered for the position, a full background check will be required (physical, drug, criminal and references).
Reference ID: 30-033
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $30.32 - $37.90 per hour
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Day shift
- Night Shift
- conductor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)