Scholars of Barrhaven is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic part-time elementary and High School Math/Science Teacher to join our team. As a teacher at Scholars, you will have the opportunity to positively impact students, both personally and academically. We take pride in delivering results that matter to all of our students, and our teachers play a crucial role in this journey. The successful candidate will be trained on Scholars’ teaching methodology. Candidates must be confident teaching high school concepts up to grade 12. If you're looking for a rewarding and challenging work environment, we want to hear from you! Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Ontario Certified Teacher is preferred
- Candidates in Teachers College or university designation towards math and sciences are also encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience working with students is an asset.
- Excellent English oral and written skills.
- A passion for helping students reach their potential.
- Exceptionally organized and high attention to detail.
- Ability to teach groups of up to 3 students.
- Must be able to teach math or science up to grade 12, including the following subjects: Advanced Functions, Calculus and Vectors, Data Management, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
Essential Job Functions:
· Instruct students on an as-needed basis
· Support students who decide to continue virtual learning
· Prepare teaching materials when applicable
· Achieve Real Life Results for each student
· Follow, adapt, and provide feedback regarding each student
· Accurately provide reporting regarding student progress as required
· Attend training workshops as needed
· Complete administrative tasks when required
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of two shifts per week within our hours of operation below.
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 12:00 pm / 12:30 -3:30 pm
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Barrhaven, ON (Preferred)