TOOLBX is Toronto's top on-demand delivery service for construction materials and supplies. Founded by construction professionals, we know how important it is to finish a job on time and on budget. Our mission is to help builders maximize job site productivity and efficiency by streamlining the material procurement process for all construction materials and supplies.
We're looking for an Order Picker who can ensure that all orders are assembled quickly and accurately.
You'll be starting your day at a Home Depot location and have orders sent from the dispatch team to your phone. You'll review the material list, clarify any questions with the dispatch team or customer, and then start preparing the order. Once you have all the materials ready, purchase them and help load the materials with Delivery Specialist into their vehicle. When you're not picking orders, you'll be acting as a brand ambassador to generate new business and build awareness around the brand.
You must be high energy, personable, and motivated self-starter. We look for hustlers who are reliable, looking to work hard and have an excellent understanding of the products and materials used in the construction industry.
- Keen attention to detail to ensure you're purchasing quality construction material
- Accurately sourcing materials that customers request and contacting the dispatch team or the customer if there are any questions
- Sense of urgency when completing tasks to ensure orders are being delivered on time
- Comfortable talking to customers in-store and on-site to create amazing customer experience
- Always focused in finding new ways to improve the service and operations
- Experience in the construction industry. You need to able to understand the different types of materials and nuances between them. What are the different types of grout? How do you check for good quality lumber? This role is perfect for someone who has/is currently working at Home Depot.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs repetitively. Construction materials are heavy so this isn't for the faint of heart.
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Early riser. Construction starts early and so do we. Shifts start at 6am.
You'll be training at a location in Toronto but once the training period is completed, you will be regularly working from Mississauga.
To apply for this position, submit your resume here: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/toolbx/11622
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour