XACT is recognized across North America as a manufacturer of top-quality standard and custom electrical solutions, supporting a vast array of industrial applications. XACT is one of the most progressive electrical manufacturing companies in North America, adopting a philosophy of and adhering to the principles of lean manufacturing.
Quality: Its our culture, its woven into everything we do. We constantly challenge the status of our effective business processes underpinned by ERP Software technology with a burning desire to continuously improve. This passion puts our quality and our customers at the forefront.
Why Work Here*
- Career advancement in a growing company
- Safe and clean workplace
- Unique and interesting work
- Variety of custom order
- Over 21 years in business
- Calgary success story
Molding Operator is responsible for creating quality parts produced on various machines such as but not limited to injection over molding machines and general shop equipment according to company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams.
Production Process Set Up
- Study and interpret drawings, blueprints, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, tools to be used, materials for the job and setup requirements
- Set up molding equipment utilized by the organization in order to ensure equipment operations are at accepted standards for the type of tooling being used
- Set up and program as necessary on molding equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required
- Detect equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjust machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to ensure quality of production. Report all machine malfunctions to immediate supervisor
- Communicate with supervisor, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Diploma or certificate (or working towards) as a Mechanical Engineering Technologist is an asset
- Strong mechanical or electronic aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Minimum of 1-year experience operating machines and equipment in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience with Yuh-Dak or Newbury machines strongly proffered
- Intermediate knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an intermediate understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
Monday to Friday
7:00am - 3:30pm with occasional overtime opportunity.
XACT Engineered Manufacturing Solutions has a solid track record of employment equity, our diversity reflects the communities we live and work in. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply.
Key Hiring Criteria*
- Reading drawings & blueprints
- Problem solving skills
- Work Accountability
Job Type: Full-time