Disclaimer: This position is an 8-month term running from January 2024 to August 2024. This will be a fully in-person, full-time (40 hours per week) position, so please be sure you can meet these conditions before applying.
What we do:
Nano One® Materials Corp. (Nano One) is a cutting-edge clean technology company with a patented and scalable process for improving how battery materials are made. Nano One is a well-funded, publicly traded company with a diverse team of scientists and experienced business-people. We are trailblazing a better way to make battery materials for electric vehicles, energy storage and consumer electronics in the global push for a zero-emission future. We leverage our know-how to address scale-up challenges of the energy transition using our patented process which produces low-cost, high-performance lithium-ion battery materials. Our team focuses on continuous innovations to leapfrog the status quo by solving tomorrow’s problems.
We are changing how the world makes battery materials and we need your help! We are looking for talented and creative people to join our team of 130+ as we scale-up towards commercialization.
We are actively looking for a Co-op student to join our Characterization Services Team at Nano One’s Innovation Hub in Burnaby, BC. As a Co-op student, you will primarily work on materials characterization using a variety of analytical instruments including but not limited to Carbon/Sulfur analysis, BET Surface area, Laser diffraction particle size analysis, tapped density, XRD, XRF, TGA, and ICP-OES. This role is ideal for individuals with strong interest in analytical chemistry or materials science.
What We’ll Provide You:
- Perform routine characterization of cathode materials using a variety of analytical instruments while adhering to standard operating procedures
- Assist in creating and updating documentation such as standard operating procedures, data reports, and logbooks
- Ensure the cleanliness of the lab while upholding 5S standards
- Assist with the development of methods for accurately characterizing new materials
- Assist with the research and development of new techniques to characterize materials in a process
- Participate in the calibration and validation of characterization equipment
- Interpret, analyze, and report results to internal customers
- Adhere to Nano One’s standard operating procedures and safety practices
What You’ll Bring:
- Third or final year student pursuing a degree in chemistry, materials science, or relevant field
- Good laboratory work practice as well as competency in data analysis and report writing
- Hands-on experience with tools, laboratory apparatus, analytical equipment, and wet chemistry techniques
- Proficiency in the principles and techniques for a range of methods in materials characterization (e.g. XRD, TGA/DSC, SEM, PSA, EDX, FTIR, ICP-OES, Carbon/Sulfur) would be an asset
- Previous co-op experience would be an asset
Job Type: Contract