At Canadian Mental Health Association Lambton Kent a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, volunteers, students and clients, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, creed (religion), national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability or any protected ground under the Human Rights Code, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a non-discriminatory and unbiased approach to inclusion including practice, environment and communication channels. We respect and value diverse life experiences and cultures and work to ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
Reporting to the Manager of Specialized Services, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
· providing counselling to clients diagnosed with a moderate mental illness or a personality disorder using evidence informed practices for treatment;
· mutually creating plans of care with clients that maximize personal strength using a combination of social work strategies for symptom management, relapse prevention, acceptance and change, behaviour modification, and harm reduction;
· providing comprehensive risk assessment and follow-up care for individuals that experience suicidal ideation;
· Facilitating therapeutic, time-limited, evidence informed groups that will address the post discharge needs of clients to reduce ED presentations and impact symptom management.;
· promoting specialized care through mental health treatment and crisis planning;
· maintaining the short-term nature of the service, while assessing individual needs for additional services or termination modifications to promote the well-being and safety of those receiving services; and
· Using cultural sensitivity when developing and providing services to clients.
· Masters of Social Work Degree from an accredited university with current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers; or Masters of Counselling Degree currently registered with The College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario;
· Experience and a detailed knowledge of serious mental illness, usually gained by several years of working with this population.
· Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle are required.
· Preference will be given to a qualified candidate who is proficient in both official languages
· Regional services commonly accessed by the program.
· Extremely well developed written and verbal communications skills.
· Working knowledge of computers with skill in the use of Email and Microsoft office.
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week. Flexible hours are required to meet the position requirements.
Salary: Commensurate with experience within the range: $63,855 – $77,689, inclusive of HOOPP
Applicants should submit a covering letter and resume to:
Jessica Anderson, Human Resources Generalist
Canadian Mental Health Association, Lambton Kent Branch
210 Lochiel Street, Sarnia
Please reference Job Posting: #18-2023
Only applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Human Resources Department.
If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. This information is available in an alternative format upon request, to accommodate individuals with a disability. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $63,855.00-$77,689.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person